Land Acquisition Analyst
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
The Land Acquisition Analyst is responsible for the creation and maintenance of a land database that will track new land opportunities for the Division. The Land Search function will assist the Land Acquisition team with the sourcing of new opportunities and the implementation and improvement of the Division's Land Search Strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Research and Database Maintenance/Refinement:
- Identify land purchase and project purchase opportunities through land search tools (aerial mapping, municipal development databases, etc).
- Catalog new opportunities and update previously identified opportunities.
- Refine database systems to increase efficiency and thoroughness.
- Develop new tools for identifying opportunities and collecting data within targeted markets.
Territory And Land Use Research
- Conduct preliminary site visits to confirm potential viability of land purchase opportunities previously identified through land search tools.
- Explore and identify changing land uses in targeted markets.
- Engage municipalities to identify sites for future development or projects in process with other developers.
Acquisition Lead Generation
- Identify deal source details (entity names, key ownership members or relationships with access, contact information) for targeted off-market opportunities.
- Research and report specific land owner interests to the Acquisition team.
- Provide senior Acquisition members with leads for outreach and engagement.
Market & Financial Analysis
- Assist the Land Acquisition and Market Analysis teams with analysis of new opportunities or updates to existing projects including CMAs.
- Financial modeling
Asset Management Committee (AMC) Packages/Updates/Memos
- With the guidance and assistance of Land Acquisition leadership, prepare detailed land packages with relevant support data and exhibits for submittal to Asset Management Committee to seek approval of real estate transactions.
Assist with the preparation of update memos during the acquisition period as well as during development and post-closing.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Preferred major in Business, Construction Management, Engineering, Planning, Government Relations and/or Finance within the real estate or homebuilding discipline.
- Knowledge of GIS (Geospatial Information Systems) and or "Land-related" databases
- Strong organizational skills; able to handle multiple deadlines and create functional systems for handling data
- Action oriented, with the drive to push projects to successful closure
- Strong ability to work within a team setting, inclusive of other's ideas
- Strong verbal and written communication, with the ability to take complex concepts and communicate succinctly and accurately
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite (at least intermediate level). Advanced Excel Skills required
- Strong technical and analytical skills