Software Development Manager - Data Engineering
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Software Development Manager: Data Engineering
You'll be responsible for championing Qlik’s data engineering strategy including adoption throughout the organization. You will lead the development team to scale our data pipeline to billions of events. As a leader and manager of software engineers, you will mentor and growth the team. Your experience with scalable software and/or data platform technologies allows you to lead by example and participate in the evolution of the platform. Strong communication and interpersonal skills allow you to effectively influence across the organization.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Leading a software development team to deliver a world-class data engineering pipeline and infrastructure.
- Managing individual features through the prototyping, design, development, and delivery phases while removing roadblocks, clarifying priorities, and working with relevant stakeholders.
- Work with the Chief Data Officer, R&D organization, and other stakeholders to prioritize development backlogs.
- As part of the greater Qlik multi-disciplinary team (engineers, data governance specialist, Qlik Sense developers, and architects) own the end-to-end accountability of data.
- Championing solutions to improve processes and business objectives using data throughout the organization.
- Building a high performing team with a high degree of trust by challenging and inspiring your team to deliver great software continuously following the principles of agile and DevOps development.
Competencies and skills:
The skills and qualifications required for this role:
- Excellent ability to understand complex problems and effectively communicate findings/recommendations to technical and business stakeholders
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot, analyze, design solutions for complex problems. Able to effectively communicate findings/recommendations to technical and business stakeholders.
- A keen desire to learn and grow as a data professional.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in terms of acting as a domain champion.
Experience & Qualifications
Desired experience with successful track record in one or more of the following areas:
- 3+ years of proven track record of leading a software development teams delivering successful SaaS solutions with cloud platforms such AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- 3+ years in agile continuous delivery and DevOps– able to lead teams writing production ready code that is deployed continuously with automated testing, instrumentation, and monitoring.
- Preferred: 1+ years of hands-on experience related to Data architecture, Data as service, Big Data, AI/Machine learning, and/or Data Streaming Technologies. Experience with Data Governance concepts including data quality, metadata, data classification.
University Degree completion in related field is mandatory.
If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome with your complete application in English. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik - Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward.
- Competitive Benefits Package - private health insurance, discounted gym memberships, subsidized on-site massage, subsidized group leisure activities, wellness grant, company enhanced parental leave, generous vacation days, Employee Assistance Program…and more.
- Breakfast/fresh fruit/monthly fika and a restaurant with our own chefs (variety of subsidized lunches).
- Career progression pathways, mentoring program, innovation & technology, and a flexible, diverse and international work environment.
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you an extra day off to change the world and another one for your personal/professional development.
- In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs. Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Curious about our R&D opportunities? Check out our R&D careers page here!
- Visit our LinkedIn and Youtube and follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik / @lifeatqliklund or Twitter @Qlik for more interesting insights into Qlik!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.