Mechanical Engineer I/II - Plastics
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
This engineer works within a project team – generally under the leadership of a more experienced individual (e.g. senior engineer, systems engineer, and/or project manager). This engineer uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of mechanical engineering. This engineer is expected to work and communicate well with other team members in order to meet the goals of the project, the department, and the company.
- General:uses experience and education to perform the types of engineering activities which are generally considered within the realm of mechanical engineering.
- Description:Uses engineering concepts, company SOPs/WIDs, department SOPs/WIDs to solve a variety of defined engineering problems.
- Works onproblems of moderate scope and complexity. Generally, works on a team with other engineers.
- Influence: receives moderate oversight from a Senior or Principal Engineer, not eligible to be a discipline lead on a project, does not provide mentoring for other engineers, receives mentoring from Senior and Principal Engineers.
- Compliance:Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
Makes design and technical decisions subject to review by Senior, Principal, and other engineers.
- Travel:minimal travel required.
- Team: usually works on a team with several engineers and a project manager.
Studies and Experience:
- B.S. in Engineering or Equivalent
- 2 to 5 years of experience in related field, including performance consistent with said experience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Written and oral communication skills
- Arena PDM
- Plastic part design
- Optics design
- Sheet metal design
- Heat Transfer
- Molding processes
- Materials (e.g., plastics, aluminum, copper, steel, etc.)
- Manufacturing Equipment or Product Design
- Machining (esp. CNC)
- Six Sigma Green Belt
Able to safely lift 50 pounds.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).