Electrician I - Swing Shift
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
bioMerieux is looking for an Electrician to join our team! This Electrician will install, maintain and repair electrical equipment and parts, such as MCC panels, VFD’s lighting controls, fire controls systems, phone, data, and AV. This position requires an understanding of electrical components as well as electrical safety codes and regulations.
Must be able to understand and make decisions based on technical documents such as blueprints, schematics or instructions. They must also be motivated to work on their own or as part of a team
Repairs, installs, replaces and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances. Uses hand tools and testing instruments. Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits. Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors and other electrical equipment using testing instruments such as ammeter, ohmmeter, voltmeter, testing lamp, or growler. Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems. Dismantles electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes, and armatures. Mounts motors, transformers and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Inspects completed work for conformance with requirements of local building and safety codes. Estimates time and material costs on electrical projects. Requisitions new electrical supplies and equipment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of bioMerieux’s Quality System.
- Support general facilities activities in areas of electrical and other areas as required.
- Perform all job duties under the direction and supervision of higher level staff.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance activities.
- Inspects facilities and equipment.
- Fill in with light janitorial support as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Work effectively with outside vendors and contractors.
- Communicate effectively and professionally.
- Cooperate with other technicians in completing assigned job duties.
- Work from drawings, email, electronic systems and/or verbal instructions using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Safely operate company vehicles.
Training and Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Vocational training in a related field preferred. Requires a valid Utah driver's license and clean driving record.
Experience: Previous experience in a relevant role and previous experience reading blueprints for building systems is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good communication, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to safely lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to safely climb ladders
- Ability to follow cleanroom gowning protocols and move throughout the facility.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).