Facilities Tech 3 - Night Shift
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
Benefits at bioMerieux:
Low-cost medical, dental, and vision benefits starting day one
11 paid holidays
160 hours of paid time off
9.5% 401k company contribution with no vesting period
Tuition reimbursement up to $10,000 per calendar year
Onsite cafeteria with daily food stipend
To operate and maintain the major building systems that provide required services and critical utilities as needed to maintain life, safety, and production. To ensure that the facilities are maintained and conditioned as needed to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable environment and enable the company’s associates to be productive while performing their job functions. Shift work required to provide 24 hour 7 day coverage for the Durham manufacturing facility. This is a position that requires attendance during adverse weather conditions.
- Monitor/operate equipment in order to maintain and/or improve the proper, safe, and efficient functionality of facilities assets.
- Monitor and operate building maintenance system, environmental monitoring system and fire system. Respond to alarms and other urgent facility situations.
- Perform Preventative, Corrective, Predictive and Breakdown work orders on plumbing, electrical, HVAC, chillers, steam and hot water boilers, fire system and other types of facility equipment as required. Patching, painting and carpentry work as needed.
- Troubleshoot advanced mechanical and electrical problems on various facility equipment. Use problem-solving tools to identify root cause for repetitive breakdowns or other losses.
- Address key issues and educate peers of problems and solutions.
- Requires the ability to use computers for document editing, computerized maintenance management system. Should have basic skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Ensure that all assigned scheduled preventive maintenance tasks are completed.
- Must be able to work safely, use all personal protective equipment as required by OSHA and job requirements.
- Maintain excellent team working relationships and ownership of equipment and reliability while driving 100% customer satisfaction throughout all departments
- Participate in training as needed.
- Ability to train less experienced personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Skills, & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED with five (5) years of progressive responsibility and related experience working in an industrial setting required, preferably in a regulated production/operations facility OR trade certification with three (3) years experience working in an industrial setting.
- Trade Certification preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and effectively resolve complex equipment malfunctions on carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, chillers, steam and hot water boilers, coolers and ultra-low freezers, fire system and other types of facility equipment.
- Advanced understanding of equipment/systems and in the diagnosis and repair of electrical and mechanical problems.
- Must be able to push/pull 100 pounds, lift 50 pounds, work off ladders, and have the ability to crawl, lie down and work in tight places.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).