Senior Software Support Engineer/Biomedical Engineer
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
Senior Software Support Engineer
The Senior Software Support Engineer will support and develop software for internal R&D departments that are responsible for creating innovative IVD solutions.
- Collaborate with leads from other disciplines (embedded software, microbiology, biomathematics, etc.) to provide outstanding application support (Troubleshooting, Issue Resolution, Account Management).
- Develop novel systems for medical device data analysis, including break/fix, change requests, etc.
- Install and configure legacy and pre-release instruments in R&D laboratories for data collection and analysis.
- Monitor/Report issues via ITIL/ITSM.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Biology, Microbiology, Biomedical Engineer, Bioinformatics, Clinical Laboratory Science, or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of experience in either Software Development, IT Support/Networking, or Clinical Laboratory experience
- Experience working through various phases of software development lifecycle, including some or all of the following: feasibility, development, software verification, systems verification, and/or software validation.
- Basic competency/knowledge of lab system communication and networking connectivity
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Microbiologist with clinical, research, or other microbiology lab experience.
- Experience in an ISO/FDA-regulated environment as a member of a product development organization (medical device or biotech industry).
- Experience working in a clinical or industry (food, veterinary, pharma, cosmetics) laboratory, especially with bioMerieux products such as VITEK, VIRTUO, etc.
- Spring, JPA/Hibernate, SOA, REST services using Spring Boot and Swagger
- A+/Network+ Certifications or similar experience
- Linux command line usage experience
- Scripting language (Python, Groovy, Bash, etc. )
- Version control system ( Subversion, Git )
- Build technologies like Gradle, Maven, Jenkins
- AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda Functions, ECS, EKS, Docker, RDS)
- Automated unit and integration testing
- Iterative software development methodologies and/or Agile
- Ability to develop and document deliverables compliant with established company design control and regulatory statutes
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).