Director of Reimbursement and Market Access
Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Director of Reimbursement!
The Director of Reimbursement is responsible for developing strategies and tactics to expand coverage and reimbursement opportunities resulting in broader customer access to bioMerieux’s clinical products. The Director will lead, design, and ensure effective implementation of robust reimbursement strategies that complement existing/ future product portfolios resulting in profitable market access across payers.
1. Perform all work in compliance with company quality procedures and standards.
2. Performs other duties as assigned by Area Management.
3. Lead the market access planning process for Biomerieux Diagnostics’ products.
4. Engage payers, and other stakeholders to develop product access arrangements, and cultivate relationships to obtain mutually beneficial objectives.
5. Work with clinical/medical affairs to develop a clinical strategy to support payer-specific strategies.
6. Develop and implement a strategy for public and private payers including coding and all other initiatives to maximize market access. Help develop sales tools and other appropriate product literature to communicate coding and other relevant reimbursement information to clinical customers.
7. Assist the development of effective payer contracting strategies and the development of programs to improve product reimbursement, product access, product pull thru and product awareness.
8. Analyze managed markets and reimbursement trends and develop models and planning assumptions for business planning and strategy development. Apply analysis to provide strategic direction and planning to reveal new opportunities, potential threats and mitigating actions.
9. Develop positioning and messaging for payer and practice manager audiences supporting overall company strategies.
10. In conjunction with government affairs work to ensure Biomerieux Diagnostics contributes appropriately to industry efforts to influence regulations, policies, and laws.
11. Act as project manager with cross-functional teams to ensure billing and reimbursement support services are ready for commercial launch of new products and throughout the lifecycle of the portfolio of products.
12. Train sales and marketing teams, vendors, customer service and others on coverage and reimbursement information.
13. Direct activities of internal and external partners (e.g. consultants) to ensure completion of projects on time and within budget.
14. Support executive management as needed with board meetings and investor relations.
Training and Education
Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field Required.
Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), Masters in Healthcare Administration, MD or DO Preferred
CMRS Certification Preferred
The Director will have obtained a minimum of eight (8) years of functional leadership experience within a payer and reimbursement environment, preferably with In Vitro Diagnostics.
Experience, presenting technical/ scientific information to a variety of audiences and venues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of Molecular and Micro Biology laboratory techniques such as PCR, is desired. Proactive attitude, ambition and the confidence necessary to achieve aggressive goals is necessary for success in this position.
High level of proficiency using MS Office applications
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).