Research Associate I or II
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is seeking a Research Associate I or II to join an R&D team that primarily designs and develops molecular tests to identify pathogens for the company's in vitro diagnostic products. The selected candidate will perform general lab duties, design and conduct experiments, primarily PCR, collect and analyze data, and keep an accurate record of all work done in accordance with the quality system. The ideal candidate will have some problem solving skills and ability to work with minimal instructions on routine work and general instructions on all new assignments. This position reports to the Lab Supervisor or a Scientist.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire’s Quality System.
- Performs lab duties and experiments.
- Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses relating to real-time PCR.
- Contributes to project process within his/her scientific discipline.
- May participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals.
- May be responsible for identifying patentable inventions.
- Ensures that laboratory notebook for assigned projects/experiment are maintained in accordance with BioFire Employment Handbook.
Qualifications: Bachelors/Masters degree in a scientific discipline, preferably biology, molecular biology or biotechnology, or equivalent and demonstrated working knowledge of scientific principles. 1(+) years experience in the field or in related area.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).