Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
The world is facing a medical crisis, bacteria are increasingly evolving resistance to even our strongest antibiotics. The problem is already very real and immediate; for example, bloodstream infection leading to sepsis is now responsible for more than half of all deaths in hospitals and is the most expensive condition treated in hospitals. Sepsis mortality rate increases >6% every hour without effective antibiotic treatment. Yet, despite the life and death urgency, and healthcare cost impacts, current methodologies require 3 days to determine the correct antibiotic.
Specific Diagnostics, a bioMerieux company, has developed a breakthrough solution to rapidly determine the effective antibiotic treatment for bloodstream and other acute infections. Used for bloodstream infection Specific’s solution provides results 2 days sooner than existing methods, saving patients suffering from drug-resistant infection.
This is the job for you if you want to be where your ideas are central to a world-changing and life-saving product. We are seeking an exceptional talent to join our team. You will be a key contributor and critical to the success of the company. The main tasks you are expected to contribute to are:
- Grow existing instrument control platform, including imaging, motion and workflow
- User interface development with an understanding of the customer use cases.
- System administrator configuration and control.
- Communication and data streaming protocols
- Unit test and participation in design verification and regulatory documentation.
You will be a key contributor and critical to the success of the company. Our software development is very diverse, and you will have the opportunity to work on various technologies and develop various aspects to our solution. You have a proven track record of successfully, architecting, coding and testing to solve challenging real-world applications, preferably in devices and instruments. You should be excited by the prospect of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment and the following qualifications:
- A degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computational Biology or related field and at least 3 years of relevant industry experience.
- Proficiency with the following programming languages: C#, Python, and C/C++
- Substantial experience developing console and Desktop applications using WPF is required; QT is a plus; if you’re strictly a web developer, this will not be the right role for you.
- Cloud experience required; AWS experience preferred.
- Knowledge of database technologies is a plus – strong preference given to PostgreSQL and Snowflake
- A proven track record of developing, validating, deploying, and releasing software applications.
- Experience with Git and CI/CD systems necessary
- Medical instrument software experience is preferred.
- Full fluency (verbal and written) of the English language is a must
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).