Want to see more? Find all job opportunities for both BioFire and bioMérieux worldwide by clicking here.
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as an Intern!
This is a part time non-exempt position. This position is part of a team working on a variety of laboratory procedures involving real-time PCR using established methods and techniques under general guidance. This person works closely with research associates in the research lab. Performs general lab duties, designs and conducts experiments, collects and analyzes data and keeps an accurate record of all work done in accordance with the quality system. Requires some problem solving skills. Normally received general instructions on routine work, detailed instruction on new assignments. Reports to Project Manager or Lead.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BFDX’s Quality System.
- Performs diagnostic tests using PCR to check the functionality of several different instruments produced by BFDX.
- Responsible for research and/or development in collaboration with others for assigned projects.
- Performs lab duties and experiments.
- Collects and analyze data relating to real-time PCR.
- Contributes to project process within his/her scientific discipline.
- Responsible for maintaining instrument history quality control records.
- Responsible for developing and revising instrument quality control procedures, involving controlled Word and Excel documents.
- Ensures that laboratory notebook for assigned projects/experiments are maintained in accordance with the BFDX Employment Handbook.
Training and Education:
In school for a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent and demonstrate working knowledge of scientific principles. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Must demonstrate skill in basic laboratory technician practices (pipetting, materials handling, contamination control). Exceptional high school students should also have the experience and knowledge for this position.
0-2 years experience in the field or related area.
- Must be able to safely lift and maneuver 40 lbs.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Diagnostics’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).