Channel Systems Engineer - Massachusetts
Job ID 24-016
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
The Barracuda Channel is a global community of technology and service providers that help companies maximize their growth and revenue. The Barracuda partner ecosystem is a core part of how Barracuda reaches, influences, add, expands, and support end-customers around the world. We are looking for a Channel Systems Engineer to play a key role in scaling our partner technical enablement efforts as part of our Global Partner Program, with a particular focus on our largest and highest potential strategic partners.
As a Channel SE, you will operate as a technical leader and evangelist helping Partners grow and advance their business through Partner and Barracuda solutions. Exceptional candidates will have a strong background building impactful relationships, designing and/or advocating solutions to common challenges across the IT and Technology landscape.
The Channel SE is responsible for coordinating and the development of the technical relationship between Barracuda and our strategic channel partners. This is a highly visible and influential role, working closely with channel management and sales counterparts to nurture and grow the capabilities of the sales and technical resources within the strategic channel partners. The role holder must be results driven, independent, customer focused, strong leadership skills, technically knowledgeable, and skilled at building internal relationships and external partnerships.
What you’ll be working on:
- Work with Barracuda sales and partner teams to understand the partners business model and competencies and then build technical enablement roadmaps with those partner to enhance their ability to sell, support, and service a wide breadth of Barracuda products
- Develop and maintain relationships, knowledge, and skills with key strategic partners; build trust through your deep technical expertise of the Partner solutions and platforms and customer needs.
- Collaborate with Partner Managers during the pre and post sales phases to develop, manage and grow partner relationships with a focus on technical aspects (i.e., technical presentations, trainings, consultations, and best practices).
- Be an expert on partner offerings and technical capabilities; partner with sales teams to recommend and up-sell partner solutions and deploy or advance successful customer integrations.
- Advocate for partner needs and improvements with internal product and partner engineering teams that will benefit end-customers; highlight issues, trends, and opportunities for integration enhancements.
- Help partners diversify their go-to-market models with Barracuda technologies through technical enablement related to managed services (MSP) offerings and Hyperscale Cloud marketplace solutions.
- Drive adoption and utilization of technical tools and resources by partners for pre-sales, post-sales, and customer lifecycle management purposes.
- Develop integration guides, plans and best practices to accelerate Barracuda adoption, improve time to-revenue and deliver a great customer experience.
- Monitor partner performance, track metrics and report on partner outcomes.
- Represent Barracuda and present at Partner events and conferences.
- Maintain subject matter expertise on Barracuda and Partner technology and trends..
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative major, including Cybersecurity or System Engineering.
- 7+ years’ experience in technical presales and consulting in a client- or partner-facing role.
- 3+ years working with Cybersecurity technology platforms and partner programs.
- Experience in a Sales Engineer or Partner Sales Engineer role is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with development technologies including application security, network security, email security, data protection and public cloud.
- Proven track record of solving complex technical problems and providing an excellent experience for customers and partners in the process.
- Passionate about partner ecosystems and businesses; enjoys staying informed about industry advances and new innovations in the space.
- Skilled in interacting with sales/partner business leads and technical stakeholders and translating complex customer needs.
- Excellent communicator; excellent presentation skills, experience in technical writing.
- Outstanding organizational documentation and planning skills demonstrated ability to work with complex cross-functional teams and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a rapidly growing and changing environment.
- Enthusiastic, independent entrepreneur spirit, can-do attitude; enjoy working with customers and partners, has an appetite to solve problems and accomplish goals in an innovating fast-paced environment!
What you’ll get from us:
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- Equity in the form of non-qualified options
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities