Solutions Architect III, Unified Communications
As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we’ve expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond – with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today’s top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners – Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more – to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification.
The Solutions Architect III in Unified Communications is a presales resource that leads the consultative discovery of the client’s business goals, objectives, and challenges, and then translates them into effective infrastructure solutions. The primary objective of the SA is to increase the growth of revenue and margin for hardware, software, services and other advanced technologies within Zones’ customer base. The design of your solutions will rely on a combination of joint account planning, partner teaming (internal & external), on-site client interface/visits, engagement/solution development and implementation support/follow-up.
Under minimal supervision, your primary responsibility as an SA- Unified Communications would be to sell and architect solutions, as well as acting as an SME for clients and Zones’ sales teams. You will be responsible for the leadership and delivery of project-based assignments including proof-of-concept, analysis, design/architecture, deployment and support of any solutions you design.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Own the technical relationship with assigned major Enterprise accounts
- Equip and train the Enterprise sales organization on technology solutions and how to hunt for opportunities
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and deep understanding of client’s IT related business goals and challenges to ensure proper translation of the client’s needs into technology solutions
- Build in-depth knowledge of clients' technical and business priorities, challenges and initiatives that can be translated into solutions opportunities
- Build value-added relationships within the domain of the account to become the trusted advisor
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems
- Prepare statements of work (SOW’s) and advanced technology service estimates
- Ensure effective coordination and support between account teams and supporting technical resources
- Responsible for coordination, delivery and quality of post-sales Technology Solutions deliverables within the domain of the account which may include items such as configurations, architectural diagrams, and proposal inputs
- Responsible for developing and proposing technology solutions that meet customers' needs
- Ensure that proposed solutions (when implemented) and meet the needs and functional requirements of the customer
- Responsible for delivering both core implementation solutions (Build) as well as incremental consulting solutions (Plan & Manage)
- Keep pipeline, forecast, time and Billing, project and activity reporting current based with defined tools and meeting submittal deadlines
- Maintain certifications necessary to enable Zones to resell the products and maintain the highest level of vendor rebates and secure the lowest cost
- Will utilize the following tools/technologies: Voice and Unified Communications (Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity, Polycom, Asterisk), Videoconferencing and Telepresence (Cisco Telepresence, Polycom Videoconferencing), Contact Center Technologies (Cisco Contact Center Express and other contact center platforms), Enterprise Networking, and Project Management
We are seeking candidates with the following:
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Telecommunication Engineering/Eng/Related required
- 5+years in a pre-sales technical role
- 8+ years of progressive, technical design and deployment experience
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective
- Understanding of the industry, market, customers, competitors, suppliers, partners and capabilities of the business
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and management
- Professional, business-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners, and peers
- Consultative problem solver ''Actively listens'' Understands the needs and business problems in order to uncover potential value points of offering
- Can multi-task, prioritize, and juggle to serve multiple clients during same time frame
- Demonstrates a high level of responsiveness to the customer to enlist trust and build credibility
- Strong interpersonal, teaming, leadership, creativity, influencing, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills required
- Ability to travel an average of 25% of the time
Technology Focus & Requirements
- Ability to Assess, Architect, Design, and Implement Unified Communications into Customer Environments Ranging from SMB to Enterprise Accounts
- Core understanding of OS design and directory services allowing for complete solution integration is required
- Strong engineering experience with Cisco, Avaya, Microsoft Teams Rooms and other video conferencing systems, including design, hardware/software evaluations, monitoring, builds, troubleshooting, and networking.
- 8+ years of total AV/UC experience, including 4+ years designing and supporting video conferencing
- Experience with AV control systems, Audio DSPs (ClearOne, Logitech, Polycom), and Video Switchers (Crestron, Extron).
- Strong understanding of networking technologies (WiFi, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, VPN)
- Scripting/development experience would be a plus, along with data analytics experience.
- Senior Consultant with the ability to listen and understand customer needs and serve as a trusted advisor
- Experience with large project rollouts is preferred
- Experience and Certifications with Skype, Microsoft Teams Rooms, Avaya, Cisco Telepresence and PolyCom Video Conferencing Solutions highly preferred
Zones offers a comprehensive Benefits package
While we’re committed to providing top-tier solutions, we’re just as committed to supporting our own team. Our employees enjoy a variety of comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, a 401(k) plan with matching provision, paid time off, and much more. And as a Minority Business Enterprise, a Corporate Plus member of the Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council, and an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, our community is just as diverse.
At Zones, work is more than a job – it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you’re interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!