Emergency Veterinary Technician - Fort Collins Veterinary Emergency and Rehabilitation Hospital
$1000.00 sign-on bonus!
Fort Collins Veterinary Emergency and Rehabilitation Center is now hiring a Full-Time Veterinary Technician to join our Amazing team!
This position will fill between 30 to 40 hours per week. Preference given to those with 3 years experience as a CVT, but will consider a non-certified candidate that has at least 5 years experience in emergency medicine.
Our technicians are responsible for the care and treatment of unstable and or critically ill patients, triaging emergency patients, monitoring hospitalized patients, performing patient laboratory tests, treatments and nursing care, admitting and discharging patients, client communication and education, and basic reception duties.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of ER veterinary practices, procedures and terminology
- Ability to appropriately handle, lift and restrain animals and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform veterinary medical procedures (i.e. venipuncture, radiology, IV catheter placement, drug calculations, administer medications & fluids, and assess & triage patients).
- Have basic organizational and computer skills as well as good technician skills.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
Our benefits package is the best in the industry and includes health, dental, vision, life, 401k as well as paid time off and pet benefits.
In house benefits include but are not limited to a scrub allowance, discounts on products and services, allowance for professional memberships and certifications, and a generous continuing education stipend.
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!