DIRECTOR- CATEGORY DEVELOPMENT
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
JBS USA is a global leader in the Beef industry, with over $15 Billion in revenue. JBS’ industry-leading portfolio of customer brands and programs support strong Beef category performance for all of our customers. JBS is seeking an “All-Star” to lead the Category Development function for Beef, a CPG industry professional that will lead and strengthen our team’s capabilities in data analytics and insights that accelerate Beef retail category performance. This role will report to JBS USA Head of Marketing for Beef, and will work closely with Retail Sales teams to deliver industry-leading insights and analytics that drive category performance for JBS strategic retail partner accounts.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Establish a Best in Class Category Development capability, with strategies and principles in Assortment | Shelving | Pricing | Promotion
- Leverage data and insights to help our retail partners grow category sales and profits.
- Build process and team that deploys account-specific category insights and JBS solutions with a customer-centric mindset
- Initiate, develop, and deliver national customer-ready, beef category insights with a consumer and customer focus
- Participate in and support the development and execution of customer strategy and planning
- Develop actionable reporting to educate and enable internal sales and marketing teams
- Develop strategic selling tools & training programs to inform and enable retail sales teams
- Coach, train, and develop team and internal constituents’ capabilities around data mining, insights development, and effective presentation and storytelling skills
- Partner with JBS Business Units across proteins to deliver global, total meat case solutions when appropriate
- Manage marketing research and data supplier relationships
- Model behaviors that support the JBS values: Determination, Simplicity, Availability, Humility, Sincerity, Discipline, and Ownership.
- Ability to align strategy, leverage multi-functional resources, and lead Market-Shopper analytics
- Strong Financial Acumen, ability to negotiate and reach win/win agreements
- Ability to sell persuasively and to collaborate with others
- Preferred Experience: 10+ years of customer management, marketing, and or/sales experience in consumer packaged goods industry; RFG meat experience a plus.
- Must have at least 5+ years of category development (management) leadership experience with demonstrated results.
- Expert in shopper insights and syndicated data management (IRI, Nielsen, or Spins), data miner, and storyteller
- Experience with planogram software (JDA/Apollo)
- Education: Bachelor Degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Computer Skills: Expert in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Position located near the Rockies in beautiful Northern Colorado, estimate 20% travel.