As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we’ve expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond – with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today’s top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners – Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more – to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification.
As an Accounting Specialist you will be responsible for the management, analysis and review of the execution of channel marketing activities in accordance with partner policies. Match revenue and expenses within period of execution. Process timely and accurate billings. Collect funds due. Work cross functionally with various teams including marketing.
- Account for and report on all advertising and marketing revenue and expenses (MDF)
- Analyze monthly transaction details to ensure accuracy
- Prepare journal entries for review
- Document balance sheet reconciliations for review which includes researching/resolving reconciling items timely.
- Adhoc reporting and analysis as assigned.
- Process review and documentation in support of departmental objectives
STRATEGIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Perform, with supervision, all required month-end accounting and/or reporting associated with advertising revenue/expenses (including credit card coding/posting).
- Report on various marketing activities.
- Complete the claiming process for various channel marketing programs including SPIFs
- Complete account reconciliations analyze and research balance sheet reconciling items and clear timely.
- Provide resource for ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Perform all required month-end reporting associated with advertising revenue and expenses
- Review MDF funding invoiced and recorded in the financial statements and ensure all funds earned are booked and make appropriate financial statement entries
- Meet with Marketing/Advertising departments to review expenses incurred and invoices paid. Ensure all expenses incurred are recorded or accrued appropriately and expensed
- Bill activities on a regular and timely schedule including the processing of activities through customized vendor web tools to meet their requirements
- Continuous P&L reporting on forecast and budget to actual for revenues and expenses
- Coordinate with PPM department to ensure revenues are closed and invoiced. Also, with Marketing and Creative, HR departments regarding expenses
- Ensure that all assigned partner invoices and proof of performance are claimed/uploaded promptly in accordance with partner deadlines.
Zones offers a comprehensive Benefits package
While we’re committed to providing top-tier solutions, we’re just as committed to supporting our own team. Our employees enjoy a variety of comprehensive benefits, including medical Insurance coverage for parents, spouse & children, life insurance, Provident Fund , EOBI ,paid time off, and much more.
At Zones, work is more than a job – it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you’re interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!