What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
As part of the highly skilled Data Engineering (DE) team, you will be working in an agile team that collaborates to take on technical challenges in a state-of-the-art data platform.
As a part of our mission, you will be tasked with arming our many cross functional teams with the tools necessary to make product decisions data-driven, based on solid empirical data.
Using our own product, to help our own teams make better decisions!
Data Engineering is a great place to learn as well. We operate at virtually all levels of the stack, we design tools and frameworks and work closely with our internal stakeholder, constantly trying to master new patterns, technologies and Qlik features in order to make our data as useful as it can be. Come join our team and expand your own analytics skills while helping those around you be better equipped to make better decisions.
You will be responsible for our data platform including, data pipelines and data infrastructure, and play a critical role in offering data as a product to our various business stakeholders and data analysts/scientist to solve complex business problems.
We are looking for someone with a data & analytics engineering background who is intellectually and data curious.
- University degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics.
- Three years or more experience performing Data Warehouse architecture development and management, relevant previous positions may include DevOps Engineer, Analytics Engineer, Data Analyst and/or Data Engineer.
- Proficiency in using Cloud Data Warehouses tools – we use Snowflake and experience of it is preferred.
- Proficiency in Data Transformation and tools – ETL/ELT processes and dbt.
- Proficiency in architecting, developing and managing infrastructure using technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes and Docker.
- High proficiency developing qualitative code – preferably in Go, Python, SQL and scripting.
- Hands-on experience working with large and diverse datasets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining and data cleaning/transformation.
- Experience of Business Intelligence - defining metrics, conforming different data definitions, building data models to support qualitative and quantitative analysis that key stakeholders are performing downstream in Qlik BI Tools / Data Science tools (Qlik Sense experience is preferred).
- Experience of machine learning concepts are favorable.
- Analytical – Highly skilled in the ability to derive insights from data and provide recommendations to the business.
- Innovative – Creative thinker with a unique approach to problem solving – affinity for applying analytical techniques to reach a solution.
- Collaborator - successful experiences working in global (virtual) teams and providing written and verbal communication that results in action, earning the trust and influence of senior stakeholders involved in prioritized analytics projects.
This position can be located in either Lund, Sweden or Ottawa, Canada.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.