Cloud Software Engineer (backend)
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
We are an inspirational cloud native team with a reputation for developing high quality backend micro-services with a focus on identity access integration, authentication, tenancy, user and group management and other key services supporting a SaaS platform for the Qlik Sense product suite.
We create and release small increments of value, with quality, multiple times per day and without drama. We are constantly evolving. Are you? We take pride in finding better ways to work and more ways to delight our users. We love data. No surprise!
At Qlik, we value Challenge, Moving Fast, Teamwork for Results, being Open and Straightforward and Taking Responsibility. You too? You’ll be joining a team committed to continuous improvement and be reporting to a manager invested in unlocking potential in you, your team and the community you belong to.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Join a large team of developers owning authentication, tenant and user management backend services in a multi-tenant SaaS solution supporting thousands of signups per month.
• Participate in all aspects of software engineering including designing, planning, coding, verifying, integrating, releasing, monitoring, supporting and maintaining.
• Collaborate with managers, architects, site reliability engineers, quality assurance verifiers, and security office specialists to advance the team roadmap.
• Review architectural proposals to ensure a sound solution that doesn’t compromise expansion, scale, performance and robustness.
• Utilize an Agile software engineering process to continuously deliver and deploy quality and feature improvements in a cloud environment
• Engage in sprint cycle around planning with estimation, daily scrum, demo and retrospective.
Competencies and skills:
The skills and qualifications required for this role:
• Engineering with a solid track record of coding, designing and delivering products.
• Designing and coding NodeJs and GoLang or equivalent RESTful API microservices using MongoDB or Redis.
• Developing solutions using containerization and Kubernetes.
• Architecting and building at scale with concepts like rate limiting, service level indicators, performance metrics, thread tracing.
Experience & Qualifications
Desired experience with successful track record in one or more of the following areas:
• Understanding of Identity Access Management (IAM) or Identity-as-a-Service software and concepts.
• Programming OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, or similar authentication and authorization protocols.
• Understanding and using Java Web Tokens (JWTs).
The role is located in Ottawa, Canada.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin! &
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.