Site Reliability Engineer
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The Qlik Site Reliability Engineering team (SRE) is committed to ensuring that our large-scale distributed systems are scalable, monitored, automated and performing optimally, 24x7x365. We own our production environment - from the initial design phases to ensuring continuous high availability. Bring your passion to automate and join our growing team, and dig deep into performance, scalability, capacity, and reliability problems.
- Develop and support cloud infrastructure implementations and being directly involved in the software deployment process.
- Use monitoring tools to find problems and resolve and/or escalate to development.
- Implement and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Work with development teams to establish SLOs and strive to ensure proper incident response when error budgets are depleted.
- Plan and perform Operating System and software upgrades.
- Provide general assistance for Technical Support.
- Assist in the development and implementation of disaster recovery plans; and conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- 2+ years of experience with deploying and supporting a SaaS offering.
- 1+ years of experience deploying and supporting Kubernetes clusters in a public, scalable SaaS offering.
- 1+ years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or 3+ years in a DevOps environment.
- 3+ years development experience (Golang / NodeJs / bash / etc.).
- 1+ years of experience with each of the following:
- Cloud Infrastructure (Amazon Web Services (AWS) / Google Cloud Platform (GCP) / Azure / etc.)
- Bug tracking (JIRA / Bugzilla / YouTrack / etc.)
- Continuous Deployment (concourse / GitHub Actions / Spinnaker / etc.)
- Source control (github / gitlab / etc.)
- Metrics & Tracing (Grafana / Prometheus / Jaeger / OpenTelemetry / OpenTracing / etc.)
- Familiar and comfortable with agile development techniques – Scrum certified preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently on projects.
- Proactive and strong ability to learn new things with limited guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and with cross-functional technical and business teams.
- A curious attitude that is interested in knowing why things work the way they do and using that information to improve and enhance.
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
This role is located in Ottawa but will consider candidates willing to work remotely in the EST time zone.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.