What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Software Engineer, Cognitive Services
The Cognitive Services team develops artificial intelligence solutions using industry leading technologies such as tensor flow, BERT, machine learning, graph databases, rule engines etc. Our goal is to enable users to get more relevant insights with less effort – for example by simplifying data preparation, recommending charts, and supporting natural language query and chatbot interfaces.
We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about moving fast, solving new problems and building awesome software. Members of our team are comfortable moving up and down the technology stack, from developing great web-based user experiences, to the advanced algorithms and data analytics to support them. Our team has expertise with rule-based systems, machine learning, micro-service development, containerization, and developing public-facing APIs. Everyone is expected to understand the full system, help develop it and make sure it runs smoothly in production.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Taking full ownership of micro-services and having input into our future direction;
- Writing back-end code in Go/node.js that is fully tested.
- Owning the security and availability of critical micro-services, scaling to support millions of active users around the world.
- Providing technical leadership, mentoring and coaching of developers on the team.
- Being open-minded but pragmatic assessment of new technologies as possible solutions to new business problems.
- Delivering innovative, industry-changing solutions that delight users and expand data literacy and usage within organizations.
Competencies and skills:
The skills and qualifications required for this role:
- 5+ years’ experience as a software developer or architect with a solid track record of delivering complex, high quality features.
- Backend experience including technologies such as C++, node.js, GO, JAVA etc. as well as SQL and noSQL databases.
- Understand containerization and deployment on Linux using technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with or interest in neural networks and machine learning technologies.
- Experience delivering microservices in a SaaS continuous delivery environment.
- Passion for quality and customer success.
- Independent learner who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with strong. communication, analytical and interpersonal skills working within cross-functional team.
The role is located in Ottawa, Canada.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin!
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.