Sr. Front End Engineer
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Full Front End Engineer
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will help build the next generation of our web applications and services. You’ll collaborate with a team that has diverse backgrounds and skill sets and it is expected that you have and apply a deep understanding of critical technical skills. As appropriate, you will mentor others in your areas of strength and experience. We ask that you be able to quickly learn new skills, adapt, and contribute to areas outside of their previous focus as needs arise. You should be an effective and compassionate communicator and able to construct and present valid arguments for decisions and discuss solutions with humility and mutual respect for the opinions and thoughts of others. You are always ready not only to learn but share and mentor with the primary goal that the team succeeds.
This role will make specific contributions to Qlik’s machine learning and AutoML capabilities. Qlik’s AutoML offering is a no-code machine learning feature that empowers analytics teams and business users to self-serve on their own AI/ML initiatives.
- Working on technologies supporting end to end features from front end user interfaces to back end scalable microservices supporting many thousands of concurrent users.
- Participating in all aspects of software engineering including designing, planning, coding, verifying, integrating, releasing, monitoring, supporting and maintaining of cloud scale services.
- Collaborating with data scientists, managers, architects, and other developers to expose clean and sensible services for various applications.
- Assisting the team with architectural decisions.
- Learning quickly while utilizing new tools, languages, frameworks, patterns, etc.
- Mentoring junior developers to help them improve their programming practices and understanding of design patterns, architecture, data structures, and algorithms.
- Ability to own relatively large projects, including gathering requirements, iterating on technical designs, implementing and testing to ensure completeness.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Familiarity with 1 or both of Golang and Python.
- Familiarity with programming in browser-based clients and server environments.
- Experience with developing scalable micro-services using technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Strong background in data and/or statistics, an asset.
- Proficiency using GIT and CI/CD pipelines, an asset.
The role is located in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs.
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org.
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on LinkedIn.
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on YouTube.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form.
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
For US job openings, candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to be considered for employment with Qlik.