Software Engineer (New Grad)
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
Are you looking to influence a company's next generation set of cloud services, one that is enterprise grade? Are you searching for a strong team made of world-class developers and architects to exchange with every day?
Our team is moving at a fast pace to develop the platform for Qlik’s next generation cloud-native architecture. We are looking for strong new graduate engineers to join our development team to help us take the platform to the next level. Will you join us on this journey?
If you join our team, these are some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Familiarize yourself with the challenges and approaches for designing interconnected, scalable systems.
- Take an iterative approach to development, dividing long-term goals into incremental milestones.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Take ownership and build of an end-to-end feature that spans multiple teams.
- Be hands-on and will drive implementation of public APIs, especially REST-based, and application components.
- Moving fast while taking the time to ship high quality code.
- Owning the security and availability of critical micro-services.
- Integrating closely with the Kubernetes platform.
- Ensuring your micro-services are easy to manage in production by exposing the right metrics and building awesome dashboards using those metrics.
What you bring to the table:
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes.
- New Graduates in a computer science or computer engineering program.
- Experience building and scaling web applications.
- Strong coding ability.
- Passionate problem solving mindset.
- Desire to learn and grow.
- Building relationships and coordinating with other teams.
- Understanding and creating best practices and standards.
- Experience with Go and NodeJS or the desire to learn quickly.
- Experience delivering enterprise software and/or cloud SaaS software.
- Understand containerization and deployment on Linux using technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Open-source projects, contributions or a strong desire to contribute to the community.
- Understanding observability, logging and tracing.