ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our dynamic team of game makers is looking for an Engineering Director who loves games and is eager to bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players. We are building a next-generation multiplayer game, and you will be responsible for guiding the engineering team while helping architect, manage and build our technology stack.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a lot of experience developing code across multiple engineering systems.
- You love working with engineers and other disciplines to remove roadblocks and foster communication.
- You will help ensure a stable development environment and a high bar for code quality, as well as pushing the boundaries of what our code is capable of.
- Experience working in an online/multiplayer environment on at least one “AAA” title.
- You have strong interpersonal and development skills as you will collaborate with other engineers and disciplines.
- You believe that technical passion and common decency can and should exist harmoniously. You model that every day, using clear, direct, kind communication, both verbal and written.
- You are excited about learning new technologies and practices.
- You have a high level of proficiency in one or more of the following platforms: UE4/C++ or a proprietary game engine.
- You have experience developing for both PC and console.
- Experience working with external partners.
- You still love to dive in and write code and fix bugs when you can.
- You find time to play video games & empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Coordinate tasks and architecture decisions between multiple engineering teams.
- Focus the teams and help them navigate to completed solutions.
- Weigh in on architectural decisions
- Mentor and coach team members
- Use social skills to communicate with development and leadership teams on tradeoffs of different code solutions, possible solutions for ambitious goals, and how to limit and reduce risks.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of content creators to make the best game possible.
- Contribute to an evolving code architecture.
- Bring a passion for helping our team do amazing things.
- Participate in daily playtests to see how the game is playing and experience how your work is affecting the product.
- You have at least 10 years experience working in games.
- You have shipped at least 1 multiplayer title as a lead engineer or director.
- You can demonstrate the ability to manage a team clearly and respectfully.
- Capacity to collaborate with other disciplines to take high-level goals, and translate them into clear, measurable tasks
- Experience shipping and supporting a live service game.
- Proven ability to work with production to shepherd a game to launch and beyond.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early-stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com