We are looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for leading and overseeing groups within the central QA team in our new Fort Worth office. You will work with the other members of the QA leadership to develop test planning and resourcing strategies to test the areas you are responsible for. You will promote a development culture of healthy accountability, maximizing potential and pride in accomplishments. You will also be responsible for leading the Quality Assurance discipline in your area, hire into and grow the discipline, provide regular mentorship, and career development to your team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have worked on large scale game projects and managed the QA team therein.
- You have a passion for Quality Assurance and can advocate for quality at all levels in the organization.
- You are a strong people leader.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage and oversee your teams’ operational budget planning, justifying necessary headcount and backfill requisitions, travel expenses, IT hardware.
- Drive effective process usage within the QA team, ensure processes and workflows are well implemented, understood and followed by team members.
- Deliver operational efficiencies through the effective use of partners.
- Gather operational data to create strategic plans to drive team performance improvements in areas such as efficiency, cost, quality, etc.
- Auditing Test Plans and making changes when necessary.
- Ensure data and information is provided timely and accurately to QA leadership.
- Formulate risk strategies; identify risks and all dependencies, including identifying critical paths and interactions.
- Assess and control risk on multiple projects in conjunction with the overall departmental project plan escalate conflicts and other risks to upper management and/or stakeholders when necessary.
- Analyze, quantify and plan the departmental resources needed for the successful execution of the projects in your location.
- Participate in PM studio-wide process adoption as required.
- Provide an accurate forecast of the controllable R&D expenses (staffing, CAPEX, contracted services, etc.).
- Regularly measure the effectiveness of necessary change and formulate action plans to course correct or increase effectiveness.
- A high standard of verbal and written English.
- Superb levels of focus and attention to detail.
- A team player but also with the ability to work alone.
- Experience managing a QA team in a AAA QA environment.
- Experience in building staffing plans and managing departmental budgets.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working on AAA PC and Console games as a Quality Assurance Manager.
- Experience in testing Unreal environments is an asset.
ProbablyMonsters is a AAA independent video game company that aims to change the way games are made. We unite a diverse roster of development teams in a healthy, rewarding culture. We believe empowered creators build the most engaging games and deliver the best player experiences.
ProbablyMonsters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- We provide a rich benefits package:
- Medical Coverage - health, dental, and vision paid at 100% for the employee and dependents are subsidized by the Company.
- Healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) with an annual contribution by the Company.
- Paid holidays and vacation, bereavement leaves, and parental leave.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part-time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company.
- This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, exempt (salaried) position.
- The full salary range for this position is $81,000 - $119,000 per year. The upper third of the salary range is typically reserved for existing employees who demonstrate strong performance over time. When an offer is made, many factors are considered, such as your unique experience and skills, where you live, where the work will be performed, what similar jobs pay, internal equity, and what you're looking for.
- In addition to base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for additional incentives, such as a sign-on bonus and short- and long-term incentives. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.