Principal Gameplay Designer
ProbablyMonsters is looking for a friendly and curious Principal Gameplay Designer who wants to help create a new competitive shooter as part of an incubation game team.
You will join a team that believes:
- Building a great team is as important as building a great game.
- A small team of veterans with focus and chemistry can achieve magical results.
- Growing is more important than knowing.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving the creation of amazing gameplay experiences, specializing in movement, gunplay, and abilities, along with the design tools to support them.
Location(s) and Travel
Our team is excited to welcome new remote team members*, with expected online collaboration hours from 10 am – 4 pm PST. Our goal is to grow a healthy team where we value our time together, so travel to offsite locations for collaborative sessions can be expected, but not limited to, once a quarter.
*This role is available in all US states except NY, DE, HI
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are extraordinary at turning a team’s time & and talent into world-class player experiences, through vision, collaboration, design craft, technical expertise, & and player empathy.
- You have a vast knowledge of gameplay design & and development for modern competitive shooters.
- You have an unusual gift for diagnosing what’s holding a player's experience back and how to fix it.
- You have significant knowledge of modern design workflows and love working with engineers and producers to make them better.
- You’re humble enough to learn from your teammates & and players, especially when it’s hard to.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Build out our team’s gameplay design craft & and tradition.
- Foster a creative and inclusive environment that champions collaboration and growth across all crafts.
- Balance creativity and time management to deliver high-quality results within deadlines.
- Participate in daily playtests and gather gameplay feedback.
- 8+ years of game design experience.
- Shipped at least one competitive shooter in a gameplay design role.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package, including a sign-on bonus; annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.
ProbablyMonsters is a AAA independent video game company that aims to change the way games are made. We unite a diverse roster of development teams in a healthy, rewarding culture. We believe empowered creators build the most engaging games and deliver the best player experiences.
ProbablyMonsters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- We provide a rich benefits package:
- Medical Coverage - health, dental, and vision paid at 100% for the employee and dependents are subsidized by the Company.
- Healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life, and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) with an annual contribution by the Company.
- Paid holidays and vacation, bereavement leaves, and parental leave.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part-time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company.
- This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, exempt (salaried) position.
- The full salary range for this position is $169,00 - $262,000 per year. The upper third of the salary range is typically reserved for existing employees who demonstrate strong performance over time. When an offer is made, many factors are considered, such as your unique experience and skills, where you live, where the work will be performed, what similar jobs pay, internal equity, and what you're looking for.
- In addition to base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for additional incentives, such as a sign-on bonus and short- and long-term incentives. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.