Senior Lead Gameplay Engineer
ProbablyMonsters is looking for a creative, technical, and collaborative Senior Lead Advanced Gameplay Engineer. You will join a team focusing on action game play, world building, level design, AI, and character design during the early phases of game development.
WHO YOU ARE:
- An excellent mentor and leader; able to guide a team of gameplay engineers to improve their craft.
- Skilled at giving and receiving feedback on technology and interpersonal interactions.
- Organized and able to develop gameplay feature roadmaps for milestones.
- Possesses strong gameplay instincts with a passion for building fun mechanics
- Enjoys working with designers, artists and other engineers to hone and refine ideas, realizing them into robust implementations
- An exceptional engineering lead with experience leading gameplay teams for titles though all stages of development and servicing.
- Unwavering in your desire to create a positive and inclusive work culture.
- A source of empathy and compassion when managing conflict and dealing with misalignment.
- Excited to work with a growing team bringing your expertise and learning from other experienced developers.
- Collaborative; excited to learn, teach, and have discourse with professionals of all backgrounds. Skilled at giving and receiving feedback on game development and interpersonal interactions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Directly manage and mentor team of gameplay engineers
- Evaluate feature designs and implementations educating other gameplay engineers on best practices
- Collaborate with design counterparts on gameplay design needs to ensure alignment on work prioritization.
- Regular 1 on 1 meetings with direct reports
- Attend feature team meetings, represent the work of gameplay engineers, identify potential issues or gaps in work planning or execution.
- Document gameplay technology roadmap, measure and report on progress towards goals.
- Partner with production and design peers to plan, prioritize, and evaluate sprint and milestone plans.
- Design and implement gameplay features
- 10+ years of professional experience as an engineer, including 3+ years of experience in a leadership role.
- Experience leading a team though all stages of development and servicing of a game title.
- Experience developing multiplayer online action games.
- Demonstrated experience working in AAA game engines
- Experience working with a team of diverse disciplines
- Strong 3D math knowledge
- Strong literary and oral communications skills
- Experience working within Unreal 4 / Unreal 5
- Experience with game networking models
- Experience shipping a live game
ProbablyMonsters is a AAA independent video game company that aims to change the way games are made. We unite a diverse roster of development teams in a healthy, rewarding culture. We believe empowered creators build the most engaging games and deliver the best player experiences.
ProbablyMonsters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- We provide a rich benefits package:
- Medical Coverage - health, dental, and vision paid at 100% for the employee and dependents are subsidized by the Company.
- Healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) with an annual contribution by the Company.
- Paid holidays and vacation, bereavement leaves, and parental leave.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part-time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company.
- This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, exempt (salaried) position.
- The full salary range for this position is $197,200 - $305,600 per year. The upper third of the salary range is typically reserved for existing employees who demonstrate strong performance over time. When an offer is made, many factors are considered, such as your unique experience and skills, where you live, where the work will be performed, what similar jobs pay, internal equity, and what you're looking for.
- In addition to base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for additional incentives, such as a sign-on bonus and short- and long-term incentives. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.