About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
ProbablyMonsters™ is a builder of sustainable game studios that creates and launches original AAA games through a people-first culture. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. In an industry where new AAA studios and developer-focused cultures are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. We empower our family of studios to concentrate on game creation while our platform team focuses on providing early stage infrastructure and long-term support. This unique development model provides each of our teams the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Our family of studios includes: narrative-driven Cauldron Studios™, multiplayer-focused Firewalk Studios™, and our third studio, not named yet, already working on a next-gen co-op RPG game. Learn more about our people, culture, and commitment to exceptional creativity at probablymonsters.com
We are looking for an Experienced Generalist Engineer who loves building games, working with a team, and solving problems to join our New Co-op RPG team. You will need strong interpersonal and development skills as you build our core gameplay systems with other engineers and disciplines. Your daily tasks will include bringing gameplay ideas to life, coding core systems, optimizing code, and supporting a team of passionate developers.
Who You Are:
- You have experience writing C++ code for a shipped game. Experience with fast-paced online games a plus.
- You like to solve difficult problems you haven’t encountered before, thinking through possible solutions and consequences.
- You like working closely with a team in a respectful and supportive environment and strive to be open-minded and approachable.
- You can work iteratively to find the fun and tune systems to make them shine.
- You are excited to learn about aspects of the project outside of your main role. You pitch in to fix problems other people haven’t noticed yet.
- You play and understand games, and can help turn community feedback into real solutions.
- You want to work with a team to create something spectacular that is beyond any one person’s ability
What You Will Do:
- Build pragmatic, reliable, and shippable code
- Work with a talented team to craft solutions for a wide variety of gameplay challenges
- Be able to communicate tradeoffs of core gameplay systems, possible solutions for impossible goals, and how to limit and reduce risks from design decisions
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of content creators to make the best game possible.
- Contribute to an evolving game code architecture.
- Bring a passion for helping our team do amazing things
- Professional experience making games with C++
- Experience shipping a game
- UE4 experience is a plus
- Multiplayer/Networking experience is a plus