About ProbablyMonsters Inc.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com
Our small team of veteran developers is looking for an Experienced Generalist Engineer who loves building games, working with a team, and solving problems. You will need strong interpersonal and development skills as you build our core gameplay systems with other engineers and disciplines. Your daily tasks will include bringing gameplay ideas to life, coding core systems, optimizing code, and supporting a team of passionate developers.
Who You Are:
- You have experience writing C++ code for a shipped game. Experience with fast-paced online games a plus.
- You like to solve difficult problems you haven’t encountered before, thinking through possible solutions and consequences.
- You like working closely with a team in a respectful and supportive environment and strive to be open-minded and approachable.
- You can work iteratively to find the fun and tune systems to make them shine.
- You are excited to learn about aspects of the project outside of your main role. You pitch in to fix problems other people haven’t noticed yet.
- You play and understand games, and can help turn community feedback into real solutions.
- You want to work with a team to create something spectacular that is beyond any one person’s ability
What You Will Do:
- Build pragmatic, reliable, and shippable code
- Work with a talented team to craft solutions for a wide variety of gameplay challenges
- Be able to communicate tradeoffs of core gameplay systems, possible solutions for impossible goals, and how to limit and reduce risks from design decisions
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of content creators to make the best game possible.
- Contribute to an evolving game code architecture.
- Bring a passion for helping our team do amazing things
- Professional experience making games with C++
- Experience shipping a game
- UE4 experience is a plus
- Multiplayer/Networking experience is a plus