ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our studio is looking for a Narrative Designer who is passionate about systems that weave narrative into the fabric of the game experience, bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Narrative Designer is responsible for devising, implementing, and driving multi-disciplinary game features that help to make our characters and world come alive.
WHO YOU ARE
- You love the stories that only games can tell.
- You care deeply about systems that support the narrative in every nook and cranny of the player experience.
- You are excited about the opportunity that evolving multiplayer games provide to tell stories in new ways.
- You are deeply passionate about delighting players with characters players can connect to in ways they may not have expected.
- You are an amazing collaborator who loves the creative process and working with other creative minds.
- You can easily collaborate across design and narrative disciplines, and their varied perspectives on feature development.
- You are great at managing tone and style to a consistent experience.
- You know how to balance the narrative experience with the player’s objective.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Brainstorming potential mechanics with the team, helping to find potential issues and solutions to those issues long before the feature is even greenlit.
- Collaborating with writers, engineers, artists, and other designers to discuss and detail how a narrative mechanic will work and how your team will approach building it.
- Helping a writer understand the varied contexts in which their work will be experienced.
- Iterating and meticulously tuning your work in-engine to perfect the way it connects with players.
- Helping a gameplay designer come up with an interesting way to communicate a gameplay mechanic with dialogue.
- Playtesting with and taking playtest feedback from the entire team.
- Balancing narrative mechanics against gameplay mechanics ensuring a sense of clarity, purpose, and meaning behind every moment of the experience.
- Shipped at least one successful AAA title from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus.
- Experience working on major IP.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters™ is the first of its kind as a family of sustainable game studios that create and launch original AAA games through a people-first culture. The company has revolutionized the way game studios are built. In a gaming world where new AAA studios and stable developer careers are equally rare, ProbablyMonsters stands out by fostering both with excellence. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. Its unique development model provides ProbablyMonsters and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at www.probablymonsters.com.