ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
At Firewalk Studios, our mission is to spark incredible multiplayer experiences that inspire memorable moments. We’re building a world-class, next-generation game studio where people come first. For us, setting a high-quality bar, creating something extraordinary, and treating each other with trust and respect go hand-in-hand. Creating new worlds that ignite imagination and connection takes a collaborative team of amazing creators. Join us to deliver awesome gaming entertainment, rooted in strong gameplay and inspiring art, that captures the joy of playing together. We are currently working on an unannounced, original multiplayer game that is being published by our partners at Sony Interactive Entertainment and we are actively looking to add passionate, visionary creators who thrive in environments where the “status quo” just won’t do and who genuinely want to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful team. Firewalk Studios is proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios.
Our studio is looking for a Narrative Designer who is passionate about systems that weave narrative into the fabric of the game experience, bringing exceptional entertainment to millions of players. Our Narrative Designer is responsible for devising, implementing, and driving multi-disciplinary game features that help to make our characters and world come alive.
WHO YOU ARE
- You love the stories that only games can tell.
- You care deeply about systems that support the narrative in every nook and cranny of the player experience.
- You are excited about the opportunity that evolving multiplayer games provide to tell stories in new ways.
- You are deeply passionate about delighting players with characters players can connect to in ways they may not have expected.
- You are an amazing collaborator who loves the creative process and working with other creative minds.
- You can easily collaborate across design and narrative disciplines, and their varied perspectives on feature development.
- You are great at managing tone and style to a consistent experience.
- You know how to balance the narrative experience with the player’s objective.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Brainstorming potential mechanics with the team, helping to find potential issues and solutions to those issues long before the feature is even greenlit.
- Collaborating with writers, engineers, artists, and other designers to discuss and detail how a narrative mechanic will work and how your team will approach building it.
- Helping a writer understand the varied contexts in which their work will be experienced.
- Iterating and meticulously tuning your work in-engine to perfect the way it connects with players.
- Helping a gameplay designer come up with an interesting way to communicate a gameplay mechanic with dialogue.
- Playtesting with and taking playtest feedback from the entire team.
- Balancing narrative mechanics against gameplay mechanics ensuring a sense of clarity, purpose, and meaning behind every moment of the experience.
- Shipped at least one successful AAA title from start to finish, or equivalent game development experience.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus.
- Experience working on major IP.
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at Firewalk are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Learn more at www.probablymonsters.com/careers