Technical Mission-Level Designer
About The ProbablyMonsters Co-Op RPG Team
At our Co-Op RPG Team, we are looking to create boundless adventures that bring people together. We believe that shared experiences with a diverse and engaged community is the backbone of a great game. Our goal is to create our game with our community, engaging them at each step of our development process, to ensure we are creating rich, vibrant worlds that gamers want to come back to day after day, week after week.
Our Co-Op RPG team is currently working on an unannounced, original AAA Co-Op RPG game and eagerly welcome those collaborating, testing, and iterating with our community, and bringing gamers together in an ever-changing world. We are proud to be part of the ProbablyMonsters family of studios and we are currently looking for a world-class Technical Mission-Level Designer to join our New Co-op RPG Studio. This is an opportunity to join a small team early in development and lay the groundwork for how we build scripted assets. You will create and own scripting for multi-use systems across mission objectives, random events, and story moments.
Who Are You:
- You are respectful, trustworthy, open-minded, and approachable
- You are passionate about working effectively with others
- You have a good understanding of level design and flow, and how integral they are to bringing the best mission designs to life and the ability jump into the levels when needed
- You have solid knowledge of Unreal Blueprints, and love to create modular mission designs that can scale across the game you are working on
- You are creative and have a passion for helping to craft gameplay and story elements that create amazing player experiences
- You are a proficient scripter who understands technically what is needed to take ideas all the way through implementation
- You constantly seek feedback and open collaboration to improve your designs
What You Will Do:
- Most of your time will be on designing and implementing mission events. You will also build levels that support the mission designs.
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines to create and support assets for mission structures, encounters and events used across the game.
- Prototype narrative-based gameplay elements within the engine to test ideas through an iterative process, and build the most successful into major content pieces.
- Learn the ins and outs of the levels in our game along with all systems incorporated within them so you can jump into the levels to get work done.
- Assist in aspects of level creation.
- Find creative technical solutions to scripting challenges.
- Document workflows that you created to help others be effective in their use.
- Playtest the game and give candid notes on how we can improve it.
- Participate in weekly team syncs to discuss the game holistically
- A track record of level design, mission design and implementation in video games
- Have experience building for Co-op or online multiplayer experiences
- Experience with Blueprint in Unreal 4 Engine is a must
- Must have shipped at least one game using Unreal Engine
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers at our Co-Op RPG team are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Learn more at www.probablymonsters.com/careers