ABOUT FIREWALK STUDIOS
Our mission is to create industry-leading multiplayer games for players around the world. We are working on an unannounced and original next-generation AAA title.
Our dynamic team of game makers is looking for a Network Engineer who loves games and is eager to bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players. You will be responsible for helping architect our networking technology. You will help ensure a stable development environment and a high bar for code quality. You will need strong interpersonal and development skills as you build our networking backbone working with other engineers and other disciplines. You will support team members to help everyone push the boundaries of what our networking technology is capable of.WHO YOU ARE
- You have many years of experience architecting networking technology for a "AAA" game development studio.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excited about learning new technologies, and practices.
- Have a strong level of proficiency in one or more of the following platforms: Unity/C#, UE4, or a proprietary game engine. UE4 experience a plus.
- You find time to play video games and empathize deeply with our players, because you love games.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Craft pragmatic, reliable shipping code.
- Use social skills to communicate to the team, and leadership the tradeoffs of different networking architectures, possible solutions for impossible goals, and how to limit and reduce risks.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of content producers to make the best game possible.
- Contribute to an evolving world-class network architecture.
- Bring passion for helping our team do amazing things.
- 6 Years of experience in shipping AAA Video Game.
- Demonstrate the ability to write code connecting gameplay systems with backend services and/or standalone backend services.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of one or more major cloud providers.
ABOUT PROBABLYMONSTERS INC.
Established in 2016 and announced in October 2019, ProbablyMonsters™ is a new breed of game company that builds sustainable AAA studios to launch original AAA games. The company was founded by Harold Ryan to not only create great games, but also to make a great working experience for developers, one where people, culture, and creativity come first. ProbablyMonsters mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to create exceptional interactive experiences. The company has built a central team that provides early stage infrastructure and long-term support to its studios on Operations, HR, Finance, BizDev, Tech, and QA, among other services. This unique model provides Firewalk Studios and all ProbablyMonsters studios the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions. Learn more about us at probablymonsters.com.