Incubation Graphics Engineer
About The ProbablyMonsters™ Incubation Team
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Our Incubation Team focuses on prototyping new ideas, new game concepts, new franchises, and the incubation of new studios with the ambitious vision to create genre defining games for the next generation of players. This is one of those unique opportunities that only happen once in a lifetime. We are looking for an Incubation Graphics Engineer who will bring their own ideas, help the team continue prototyping new ideas, and build out to a shipping product. This position is for a small team actively incubating a new cooperative / competitive game. Joining a team this early means being an active member of game direction, culture composition, and process. The team is excited about working with long term industry colleagues. The team is also excited to work with engineers from other relevant fields.
Who You Are:
- Excited about working within your area of expertise as well as tackling new challenges.
- Prefers tackling novel problems over creating new solutions for problems with known solutions.
- You keep seeing the same mistakes being made, and want to make new mistakes.
- Collaborative; excited to learn, teach, and have discourse with professionals of all backgrounds.
What You Will Do:
- Work with a small team to “Find the Fun” on a brand-new game
- Bring your expertise to collaborate with artists to develop the game’s visual style
- Lead investigations into rendering techniques that directly impact gameplay
- Help identify and set targets to provide guidance for content developers
- Turn high level objectives into tangible actions and execute on them
- Provide input to grow the product, development process, and culture
- 5 years of experience programming C or C++
- Experience making games either professionally or personally
- Experience working with a team of diverse disciplines
- Experience working on a rendering pipeline
Nice To Have:
- Experience working within Unreal 4 / Unreal 5
- Experience working in HLSL
- Experience shipping features in a video game