Farmers Branch, TX
Full-Time / Permanent / Onsite
Sr. Purchasing Manager
A career with Mattamy Homes is a chance to join a team as solid as they come. We’re an internationally recognized, privately owned homebuilder full of ambitious, talented and hardworking team members. Together we’re making dreams come true with homes and communities designed for the way people live today, and that’s a great feeling. Our future is secured through strategic investments in land and communities, in both current and new markets, which offers ongoing learning, growth and opportunity for all of us. Redefining how we build with smarter technology and a deep commitment to sustainability is exciting and rewarding.
Here, you will gain valuable experience through challenging and interesting projects. Recognized as an employer of choice, Mattamy ensures you will enjoy great benefits and an award-winning culture, because we take care of our own. On our team, we all have a role to play in building for the future.
What you’ll do
- Control, develop and produce approved budgets and proformas with input from appropriate internal departments
- Negotiate and solicit the best price/value combination from suppliers and trade contractors; analyze cost comparisons and differences in products and services on long term/short term contract agreements, while ensuring the correct amount of product or service is received at the appropriate time
- Participate in review, development, and analysis of scopes of work aimed at quality control and standardization of equipment, materials, supplies and services
- Conduct analysis of drawings for value engineering opportunities and pricing thereof
- Develop and qualify new subcontractors/suppliers while maintaining and monitoring existing ones
- Act as liaison between subcontractors, construction, marketing, sales, customer service and land departments
- Prepare quantity take-offs from working or design drawings for budgeting or bid purposes. Manage and maintain take-offs within the software(s) utilized by the company
- Participate in site visits and work with construction team members to check performance of trades against scope of work/contract
- Additional duties to be discussed
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree minimum with 4+ years related work experience in the construction field
- Several years progressive experience in the residential construction industry, estimating and purchasing
- Extremely well-organized, flexible, ability to prioritize workloads, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Understanding Building Codes, National Electrical Code, OSHA Guidelines, and other applicable building codes and practices
- Professional experience dealing ethically with people/situations/issues and ability to demonstrate what processes are applied in decision-making which reflect professionalism and integrity
- Solid understanding of generally accepted purchasing principles and practices
- Working knowledge of house building and construction material purchasing
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Excellent mathematical skills with the ability to analyze, look for trends and superior estimating skills
- Prior experience in preparing and analyzing budgets
- Experience in computerized environment for production planning, ordering, analysis etc.
- Superior computer skills in MS Office – in particular Excel
- Knowledge of Build Pro/Supply Pro preferred
- Knowledge of JD Edwards preferred
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities.
Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of company paid vacation + 1 week of company paid time off + 2 weeks of sick time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa and Tucson.
To provide the best homeowner experience
Mattamy’s core values
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020 & 2019
- Best Places to Work in Southeast, FL for 2023
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2022, 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2023, 2022 & 2021
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2023, 2022, 2016 & 2015
- Best Places to Work in Phoenix for 2021
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2020, 2018 & 2017
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.