Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineering Dublin, Ireland
- Provide R&D and technical guidance of Data Integration's technologies
- Work with Liferay, Talend ESB, Mulesoft
- Act as a consultant resource to Customer Care managers as needed;
- Comprehends the more nuanced aspects of Software Development and how they help solve complex scenarios. Is aware of important particularities of different programming languages, their pitfalls and the impact those have in things like performance and security. Uses all this to design and deliver scalable, secure and robust applications
Is able to learn and become proficient in any programming skills necessary for their tasks.
Is able to optimize code for speed/memory depending on the requirements, and develop basic architecture.
Advanced knowledge of relevant libraries and tools.
- Ensure technical solutions are delivered with the highest quality
- Suggest improvements and have a humble, everyone-can-learn-from-everyone attitude
- Troubleshoot platform issues reported by customers
- Develop technical solutions and workarounds to ensure successful client projects
- Mentor other developers and help them grow in their career as Customer Care engineers
- Work in an open source distributed company with strong ethical values, sharp vision, in an international environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Consistent experience on a software engineering team supporting a active product
- Professional experience with Java object-oriented language
- Experience with IntelliJ or Eclipse, Git CVS
- Can develop any feature and fix any bug, autonomously. Reaches out to experts in the field when needed.
- Is able to manage escalations or pull requests of high complexity from support. Finding the right technical solution and managing the communication with support members
What We Offer
- Salary package according to qualifications and experience
- Competitive benefits
- A positive and collaborative work culture - we like to Stay Nerdy!
- Working at a leading open source company with strong growth opportunities
- Remuneration compatible with the qualification and experience required
- Flexible schedule
- Work in a successful company with strong growth, with incredible values and mission: https://www.liferay.com/company/our-story