Senior Product Designer
Product Design Tokyo, Japan
Liferay is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
There are three important requirements of this position:
- Grow a strong design practice in APAC
- Serve customers and partners
- Foster a strong design culture
Growing our design practice in the APAC region is a high priority for our business. We’re looking for a senior designer with experience as a first-hire that can serve our customers and partners while simultaneously working to build on our strong design culture here. While that sounds daunting, you won’t be doing it alone! We have a global design division with teams in Europe, Latin America, and North America that are excited to build with you.
- Onboard and get to know the APAC business team and the global design team.
- With your manager, build a strategy and hiring plan for growing the design practice in APAC.
- Jump into a customer project with a global logistics brand
- Excellent communication skills – fluent in Japanese with solid, business-level English – written communication is a significant part of our workflow.
- Experience as a Design leader – proven track record leading customer-facing projects, people management experience not required but is definitely a plus!
- Business acumen – being strategic and pragmatic about investing time and effort, while also effectively managing customer expectations.
- Experience designing for B2B/enterprise will help your application stand out!
- Figma expertise – we have a reasonably mature design system, but a new perspective always helps
- A passion for iconography or illustration – never hurts to have someone with an eye for these details
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.