Technical Architect - Customer Success
Customer Success Chicago, Illinois Diamond Bar, California Raleigh, North Carolina Remote, United States
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
We are looking for an individual that will work in Liferay’s best-in-class Customer Success Department as a trusted technical advisor for our highly strategic existing business. The Customer Success Architect is a key part of our Customer Success team, focusing on Liferay general systems architecture, systems integrations, development best practices, features and functionality expertise, as well as issues resolution assistance.
The ideal Customer Success Architect is both highly technical and laser-focused on business solutions. CSAs can talk to senior software engineers, CEOs, and information security directors with credibility and sincerity. This CSA will be a part of a cross-functional team dedicated to the health and expansion business of our existing accounts. Account retention and expansion will be your team’s responsibility. CSAs work in teams with Customer Success Managers and Account Managers as the technical expert and resource for: solution architecture, development best practices, identity management, integration points, UI/UX, system administration, mobile strategy, content management, web analytics, DevOps best practices, high availability & clustering, cloud infrastructure, and all features of Liferay DXP and its suite of products. CSAs provide technical justification and business consultation and are trusted advisors to technology directors, CTOs, and software architects as they go through the buyer journey.
The Liferay CSA works with CSMs to ensure that customers' goals and expectations are identified and met by providing them with technical guidance, insight and resources, all with unflagging enthusiasm. The most qualified candidates will display exceedingly high interpersonal skills, an uncanny knack for saying the right thing at the right time; offer flawless writing and speaking skills; may have experience with Java and/or SaaS technologies, and round it out with an understanding of the SDLC. An excitement for the role and the team at large is a given.
- 7+ years of direct sales engineering, technical pre-sales, or customer-facing experience with either a recognized software company or major consulting / SI firm
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or equivalent level of demonstrated experience
- Advanced knowledge of containerization, orchestration, and related virtualization technologies (fluent in standards such as Kubernetes)
- Advanced understanding of enterprise Java, related design patterns, service-oriented architecture
- Advanced knowledge of databases such as MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL
- Strong experience with Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss AS
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux OS, Servlets/JSP, Spring, hibernate, performance tuning, scaling, clustering
- Strong communication skills
- Expert problem-solving skills and a very strong motivation to help customers
- Flexible, proven ability to work well under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines during several-months-long engineering and sales cycles
- Ability to thrive in a globally distributed organization
- Ability and desire to travel around 33% of the time (once we begin business travel again)
- Strong technical and business expertise and excellence in Liferay products, solution architecture, project scoping, features & capabilities, and all related consultation and development practices
- Prior experience with Liferay or other portal and DXP solutions. Liferay DXP certification a plus
- Proven ability to deliver attractive, properly branded, solution-based product demonstrations that delight customers and prospects
- Experience with any containerization or cloud services - Docker, Kubernetes, Core OS rkt, Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, AWS ECS, Azure
- Strong experience with enterprise security and identity management systems
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Solr, other search integration
- Strong experience in one or multiple domains and related use cases for industries such as commerce, education, energy, financial services, government, healthcare, information technology & high tech, insurance, manufacturing, military & defense, retail, telecom, transportation
- Experience would with OSGI
What We Offer
- Competitive salary & benefits package according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally. We like to Stay Nerdy!
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.