Channel Account Manager (OEM)
Alliances Remote, United States
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
We are growing our OEM activities across North America and are hiring for an OEM Account Manager to cover the North America region. This role is a specialised sales role within the Liferay Channel Organisation. The OEM Account Manager will be responsible for the end-to-end sales process and growth strategies for customers/partners who take Liferay’s Digital Experience Platform and integrate that into the product offerings that they sell to their end-users.
You are a seasoned OEM sales professional with a demonstrated history of establishing partnerships and alliances through multiple routes to market...System Integrators, Digital Agencies, ISVs, and OEMs. You possess a strong track record of exceeding pipeline and revenue targets in high growth, high ambition organisations. You understand the power of partnerships to unlock market potential and better serve customers. Successful candidates will possess strong critical thinking skills, executive presence, and an entrepreneurial spirit. If you have a passion for growing a business and a proven track record of success, we want to hear from you.
As an OEM Account Manager at Liferay you will
- Generate interest and pipeline from target opportunities via outbound prospecting and through response to inbound lead inquiries.
- Partner with our product strategy and other teams to scale the OEM motion and extend the Liferay brand through partnerships with relevant companies.
- Be responsible for prospecting activities including account-based marketing activities, events participation, outreach and inbound lead management.
- Collaborate with the Director of Global OEM to maximise our pricing and packaging to meet the demands of our OEM prospects and clients across North America.
- Partner with sales colleagues in the North America region to explore growth opportunities to align with Liferay’s Global OEM business model.
- Partner with Liferay Technical teams to scope product integration requirements.
- Negotiate and close contracts to meet target performance goals.
- Develop and negotiate commercial terms and partner with Liferay’s legal team to finalise contract arrangements.
- Act as an expert on the value of Liferay’s Digital Experience Platform through live demonstrations and collaboration sessions with clients and prospects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, engineering, or technology preferred.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of OEM channel sales experience with a track record of accelerating revenue growth through diligent partner acquisition.
- Robust network and experience building and maintaining strategic alliances with partner/channel organizations - consulting firms/system integrators, VARs, ISVs, OEMs, and Digital Agencies.
- Experience selling PaaS/SaaS.
- Experience collaborating across departments...partner marketing, partner enablement, sales and operations
- Independent self-starter who is a quick learner but also creative, resourceful and persistent with a tenacious and aggressive “hunter” mentality
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel (50%).
- Technical knowledge especially as it relates to portals, intranets, collaboration, digital commerce and content management software
- Previous sales engineering or direct sales experience is a plus
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.