SALES ENGINEER AFRICA
Sales Casablanca, Morocco
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, Africa, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges.
Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world.
Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
Liferay’s Moroccan office is looking for a Sales Engineer to join its team.
As a Sales Engineer at Liferay, you will work very close to customers, primary point of contact for all demonstrations, POCs, technical questions and inquiries, designing and developing solutions being involved in full cycles projects. Working closely with Account Managers and other members of the Liferay team, you will act as a trusted advisor for the customer on the Liferay solution, competitors, and alternative solutions.
We’re looking for people who love open source, enjoy wearing multiple hats, and want to grow with a company that’s bursting at the seams.
Responsibilities and primary duties
Reporting to the General Manager Africa, the Sales Engineer will be responsible for:
- Serve as pre-sales/technical resource for the Sales Engineering team.
- Create and conduct demonstrations to both a business audience and technical audience.
- Provide any assistance to help potential clients overcome technical questions, barriers, and architectural hurdles.
- Provide application discussions and prototype development
- Serve as technical resource of the sales reps and alliances team during sales calls and demos (online or on-site)
- Give technical and development advice to the sales team and to potential clients including product configuration and general guidance.
- Provide technical leadership to project team(s) to perform design to deployment related activities, provide guidance, perform reviews, prevent and resolve technical issues
- Serve as a Liferay product expert, providing system engineering and system architecture best practices and techniques, both internally and outbound.
- Designs and leads implementation of scalable, secure JAVA-based applications.
- Providing input into regarding new technologies and techniques, as well as participate in the development of proof of concepts and best practices.
- Complete RFP/RFI documents submitted by potential clients, with particular attention to technical and advanced product questions, under tight deadlines on a regular basis
- Create, engineer, and maintain solution - based demo environments and bundles using existing collateral and new materials that you create
- Create specialized technical/development projects that improve sales collateral, sales team processes, or the Liferay community at large
- Assist with technical white-papers
- Participate in official Liferay social media (blog, wiki, message boards, Twitter, Facebook) to disseminate information, product knowledge, and expertise.
- Participate in road shows, conferences, and different forms of Liferay evangelism.
- Deliver training for customers and partners to guarantee consistent know-how transfer
- Proven technology skills, outstanding interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Candidates should possess a good number of the following qualities:
- Engineering Degree from a four-year university program or equivalent with deep technical background.
- 4-6 years of experience working in technical projects
- 2-4 years proven experience in technical pre - sales in the internet web site development, portal, web content management, social collaboration or related industries.
- Experience with the full project lifecycle, including business requirements gathering, technical specifications, development, testing, and deployment. Demonstrated exceptional engineering, consulting, or software sales skills from previous employment
- Fluent French and English speaker
- Experience with multiple databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.) and application servers (Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic or WebSphere)
- Exposure to Java frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
- Exposure to front-end technologies such as CSS, HTML5, YUI (and/or Alloy UI), jQuery
- Strong Web development experience - proficient in Java and Java EE
- Prior experience with Liferay or any other portal solutions a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated exceptional engineering, consulting, and / or software sales skills from previous employment
- Works well with distributed team
- Ability to travel throughout Africa up to 30% of the time to customer sites (the role is based in Casablanca)
- Good team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex business solution concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences
- Learning capacity
- Love of open source projects.
We are offering
- Salary package according to qualification and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- Ability to work in an international context
- A positive and pleasant work environment
- Working at a successful company with strong growth