Alliances Chicago, Illinois Remote, United States
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
As the Solutions Engineer, OEM you will support all OEM sales efforts as the OEM’s primary point of contact for all technical questions and inquiries both pre- and post-sales.
Working closely with the Director of OEM, you will act as a trusted technical and product advisor for our existing OEM customers on the Liferay platform, provide the technical and product knowledge for new prospects during the prospecting and discovery phases and provide a conduit for translating skills requirements into formal education activities within our OEMs.
Your focus will be to engage with our OEM customers' technical teams to establish opportunities to increase their Liferay product adoption within their existing licensed solutions, increase the value of their solutions via that process and establish expansion opportunities for Liferay within additional solutions within each OEM.
In addition, you will be the mechanism to translate the technical benefits of the Liferay platform to new prospect OEMs as they evaluate their software partners and move through the product development cycle.
You should be comfortable working with stakeholders across our OEM partners and have experience translating technical requirements into sales opportunities.
- Serve as the technical resource for the OEM business.
- Create and conduct demonstrations to both a business audience and technical audience.
- Provide any assistance to help potential OEMs overcome technical questions, barriers, and architectural hurdles.
- Serve as a Liferay product expert, providing system engineering and system architecture best practices and techniques, both to existing OEMs and prospect OEMs.
- Create, engineer, and maintain solution - based demo environments and bundles using existing collateral and new materials that you create that reflect the multi dimensional nature of Liferay as a development platform and or component of a variety of possible solutions.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent with deep technical background.
- 2-4 years proven experience in technical pre-sales for website development, portal, web content management, social collaboration or related industries.
- Experience with the full project lifecycle, including business requirements gathering, technical specifications, development, testing, and deployment.
- Experience and proven ability with website development, portal, web content management, social collaboration or related industries within the context of these functions being components of broader solutions.
- Experience working with Line Of Business teams and or Product Teams outside of the traditional IT department.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time to customer sites, including international travel.
- Understanding and or experience working directly with OEM type customers a plus.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex business solution concepts clearly and persuasively to audiences outside the traditional IT department.
- Seeing the value of the OEMs solution(s) as the primary value driver and mapping the Liferay component to extend and increase that value to the OEMs customers
- Proven technology skills, outstanding interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under your own initiative
- A mindset and unwavering desire to see the OEM business at Liferay deliver 4x growth through excellence and commitment
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.