Quality Assurance Remote, Spain Madrid, Spain
Liferay Cloud Inc. is looking for an experienced QA Manager with strong technical background to joying the QA team.
About Liferay Cloud
Liferay Cloud has grown from a handful of people into an established group present in all regions of the globe. The Liferay DXP Cloud platform evolved from a simple concept into an enterprise-ready solution. Our customer base now serves hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. Along with making cool software, we have a greater-than-profit vision that fuels us. We give employees 5 days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run.
- Help drive the technical vision for the QA team and key decisions regarding test strategy
- Be in charge of a team of 4 to 6 people
- Set quarterly priorities for the QA team, following company’s OKRs and Product Roadmap
- Mentor the members of your team, lead resolutions, take ownership of issues
- Give proper, frequent and immediate feedback to individuals, teams and management
- Identify missing knowledge in order to help people grow
- Recognize strengths and weaknesses: know your teammates' abilities and interests so that you know who excels in which area and also who needs help to improve
- Create and track Individual Development Plans (IDPs) for your team members
- Perform quarterly reviews of all team members
- Perform monthly 1-1 meetings with all direct reports
- Onboard new individuals, clarifying and improving the process
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with automated test suites including unit, integration, and functional testing
- Experience using test frameworks such as Cucumber, TestCafe, Selenium, Jest etc.
- Experience with Jenkins and Continuous Integration
- Experience with managing people and leading a team
- Preferable experience working with a distributed team
- Ability to multitask, stay organized, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Deep understanding of best practices in testing, QA and test automation
Awesome, but what does Liferay offer for me?
- Developing a career according to your skills and preferences;
- A place to be yourself, in which everyone can grow personally and professionally;
- Compatible compensation according to the qualifications and experiences required;
- Attractive and competitive benefits;
- Work in a fast-growing, successful company with incredible mission and values: https://www.liferay.com/company/our-story
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.