Sales Tokyo, Japan
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
- Build and manage a sales pipeline with the goal of meeting and exceeding assigned sales quota
- “Hands-on” development of new sales opportunities through lead follow up and partner and personal relationships
- Drive direct-sales opportunities to closure, and establish strong, long-lasting relationships which will yield on-going successes in accounts
- Work with other members of Liferay’s global sales organization on multi-national sales opportunities
- Work as a team player. Candidate must be able to work effectively with Liferay team members and “wear multiple hats” when it becomes necessary
- Travel within assigned territory is required
- Strong experience in enterprise software sales with responsibility for meeting and exceeding an individual sales quota.
- A proven track record in a sales and/or account manager role, with significant over-quota achievement and demonstrated career stability
- A proven track record of successfully selling enterprise-level software solution sales (e.g. Content Management, Digital Experience Platform, ERP, CRM, eBusiness and/or eCommerce applications), both in a direct and indirect selling model
- Demonstrated ability to execute each phase of the sales cycle, from lead generation (cold calling, leveraging of channels and contacts) to lead qualification and sales close
- High level understanding of enterprise software with ability to work with both technical and business customers.
- Experience in closing large software deals
- Excellent presentation skills to executives & individual contributors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Japanese and English
- University degree or equivalent experience
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.