Sales Development Representative
Sales Madrid, Spain
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
Sales Development Representative –SDR- (Outbound and Inbound Sales Rep) generates outbound and inbound buying demand for Liferay from Organizations. The SDR qualifies prospects to build a pipeline for the Sales Team. An implicit responsibility of the SDR is to conduct business dealings in a way that creates a superior prospect experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow-up, as well as future sales.
We are looking for a dynamic Sales Development Representative (SDR) who loves taking on new challenges, connecting with people and moving the sales process forward. You will play an integral role in generating interest in Liferay, developing relationships with potential customers on the front end of the sales cycle, and enhancing Liferay’s brand as a valuable solution.
- Use prospecting tools (calling, emailing, event networking and social selling) to research, identify and generate new business opportunities both in new and existing customers.
- Develop and nurture relationships with prospects from companies that meet ideal customer profile
- Qualify prospects against an established criteria for hand off to the account executives as sales qualified opportunities
- Use prospecting tools to generate new opportunities: calling, emailing, networking and social outreach
- Nurture inbound leads from cross-channel campaigns through multiple touch tactics
- Reach additional leads at target companies that are involved in a buying decision
- Achieve monthly/quarterly targets of defined activities and lead generation
- Provide accurate weekly forecasts on volume of qualified leads and current lead pipeline
- Spend 50% of the time dedicated to marketing activities and 50% of the time dedicated to existing customer activities.
- 2+ years in a similar role in the technology space
- Strong planning, organization and communication abilities
- Ability to effectively organize, research and prepare for calls
- Excellent phone presence and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills; high level of attention to detail
- High energy and motivation to maintain high activity volumes and meet performance goals
- Experience with Hubspot, Salesforce.com or other CRM system; Calendly and GoToMeeting or equivalent; DiscoverOrg, LinkedIn Sales Navigator or equivalent prospecting tool
- Proactive and willing to learn
- A background within a high volume (sales/targets/activity) sales environment preferred
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth
- Fluent in Spanish and English (additional language is a plus)
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.