Channel Account Manager
Sales Vimercate, Italy
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
As Liferay has become recognized by Gartner as the leading open source platform for enterprise applications, we are continuing to grow and enhance our partner program. We have passionate partners, world-class products, and a greater-than-profit vision of making excellent open source software while giving back to global communities.
We are looking for an Channel Account Manager, who will report to Director Sales, with experience in managing and growing sales through the channel, recruiting, enabling and proactively supporting service partners in the sales process. If you are excited by the impact digital experience software can have on customer experience and business growth; a listener and learner who likes adding value and taking programs and processes to the next level and are up to date on best practices in partner management, onboarding and enablement, this could be the role for you.
As a Channel Account Manager for Liferay, you will work across markets with both public and private sector focused partners and join a team encouraged to bring new ideas to the table while getting their hands dirty in implementation.
Your primary responsibility will be to drive revenue growth through our partners. You will proactively work with partners to close business opportunities, grow the pipeline of the channel, reach new strategic customers and assure the channel sales quota is reached. You will utilize your exceptional presentation and relationship building skills to convey Liferay’s value proposition to partner sales professionals and to conduct on boarding sessions and sales training. You will cultivate positive relationships with partners to maintain front-of-mind brand awareness. You will also work closely with both the inside and field sales teams and your channel marketing manager to ensure we get the most benefit from partners through lead sharing campaigns, marketing programs, incentives, sales and technical training, and events.
You are confident and engaging in presenting technical solutions to decision makers, sales, professionals, and technical experts, ultimately helping to increase Liferay sales.
Successful candidates will possess strong critical thinking skills, executive presence, and an entrepreneurial spirit. If you have a passion for growing a business and proven track record of success, we want to hear from you.
- Build and grow a healthy pipeline in the channel
- Support partners in opportunities generation reaching and developing strategic customers
- Follow up of partner’s new business sales opportunities to reach the assigned sales quota
- Develop business plans with partners to ensure consistent growth with their Liferay practices.
- Review sales forecasts and projections and propose/execute actions for course correction as necessary
- Call on end user customers with partners
- Work closely with Local Marketing Manager and partners to build integrated content marketing strategies design to drive demand and educate the market about Liferay's value proposition
- Prepare and give quarterly business reviews to the senior management team
Partner Recruitment and Onboarding
- Assess current partners/partner scorecard to identify gaps in partner ecosystem
- Identify new partners who can provide value where current partners are unable to do so
- Recruit and onboard these partners
- Provide new and existing partners with the ongoing tools, support and understanding needed to successfully build, sell and support Liferay as a growing part of their business
- Provide ongoing partner training on Liferay products, programs, promotions and overall value proposition
- Develop a solid understanding of each partner’s value proposition and be able to translate the value proposition into both written and oral communications with customers
- Develop and leverage executive partner relationships to grow Liferay mindshare across all levels of the partnership
- Generate enthusiasm and passion for Liferay products among partner sales and engineering teams
- Develop and manage to partner annual business plans
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with strategic partners to review their progress to goal
- Set regular cadence of partner meetings to stay abreast of partner business initiatives, challenges and accomplishments
- Grow partner revenue contributions 20% YoY
- University Degree with good technical background.
- 5+ years experience in business to business customer service with an emphasis on Alliance or Channel Management
- Native in Italian and fluent in English, written and spoken. Additional languages as Spanish will be highly valued.
- Flexibility to travel on business (primarily in Italy)
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time while paying strict attention to details
- Flexible, proven ability to work well under pressure, adjust quickly to changes, meet aggressive deadlines
- Knowledge of the sales and delivery cycle of consulting projects
- Ability to talk with C-level members of a partner’s organization
- Relationship based sales experience
- Track record of (over) achieving indirect sales targets
- Strong customer relationship and presentation skills, building relationships and networks
- Positive can-do attitude, driven, reliable, trustworthy, intelligent team player
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, and creative consultative selling skills
- Tenacious and aggressive "hunter" mentality
- Understanding of the industry dynamics present among customers, especially Open Source business.
- Well knowledge of Liferay Product and other portal platforms. Experience in Portal / Web /
- Collaboration is desirable. Diligent in working with CRM and creating KPI and reports.
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.