Site Supervisor - Rainy River Mine
SITE SUPERVISOR, RAINY RIVER MINE
The Kal Tire Mining Tire Group (MTG) has been servicing mine sites since 1972 where we quickly established a reputation for reliability, innovation, and outstanding service. Our objective remains simple: to deliver services and products of measurable value to our customers. Kal Tire now operates in 18 countries and continues to grow every day.
Kal Tire MTG Ontario is currently seeking a Site Supervisor to support and enhance delivery of our tire service contract at the Rainy River mine site situated approximately 65km northwest of Fort Frances, ON and approximately 35km from the town of Emo, ON.
The Site Supervisor is responsible for successfully delivering all aspects of Kal Tire’s tire service program at the Rainy River mine site. This includes ensuring all safety standards are met, Team Members are always Trained The Kal Tire Way (TTKTW), and that all service and product standards align with company objectives. The rotation for this position will be 14 days on / 14 days off.
It is essential that the Site Supervisor demonstrates genuine commitment to all Team Members and the journey of creating and maintaining a safe work culture. The challenges at Rainy River include people development, tire performance, and maintaining Kal Tire service standards. This is an excellent opportunity for you to take your advanced people, operational, and customer service skills and generate real and lasting value for the customer and Kal Tire, while advancing your own personal development and the development of your Team Members. Successful candidates must have a track record of genuine commitment to working with integrity, to exceeding the needs of the customer, have a strong ability to think critically, all coupled with a sense of urgency.
Health & Safety
- Ensure all aspects of Kal Tire’s Health & Safety Program are communicated and implemented in a consistent manner with Team Members, including our drug and alcohol program, field level risk assessments, hazard identification and control, safe work procedures, incident investigation and reporting, and applicable inspections and audits. Prompt and robust completion of due diligence activities will be critical to your success in this role.
Training & Development
- Model, instill, and consider the Kal Tire AIMS (our guiding principles) in all decisions we make.
- Develop Team Members using our structured training process and by training and executing the Kal Tire way.
- Support and lead a team of OTR Tire Technicians to exceed customer expectations while achieving personal and career success.
- Provide coaching and mentoring as required as we strive for best practice in all we do.
- Provide continuous feedback with team members in regards to customer activities, changes in policies or procedures, company updates / changes, team member performance, etc.
Standard of Service
- Ensure site inspections, tire and wheel inspections, air pressure monitoring, scheduled rotations and change outs, proper documentation, etc. are carried out to provide the best value and tire performance for the customer.
Policies & Procedures
- Take all reasonable measures to ensure compliance with relevant company, customer or governmental policies & procedures.
- Understand and use tire management software for customer reporting and analysis.
Purchasing & Distribution
- Ensure adequate inventory is on hand or readily available to meet the needs of the customer.
Customer & Industry Knowledge
- Develop and maintain knowledge and documentation of customer business with regard to fleet size, forecasting, operating hours, utilization, scrap average, mine plan, haul profile, future growth or reduction, etc.
Retread & Repairing
- Maintain a robust and efficient tire repair program by managing for quality and consistency in inspections, assessments, proactive repairs, and by maintaining efficient supply chain / repair / logistical processes.
- A minimum of five (5) years operational experience in a heavy equipment industry or construction setting or a combination of above together with experience in commercial and/or OTR tire service.
- A minimum of two (2) years leading and supervising others in an outdoor operational setting.
- Previous OTR tire service experience is highly desirable though not essential.
HOW TO APPLY
Start your journey at Kal Tire by contacting our Vernon Office Recruitment Team or by clicking Apply below!
Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.