The Kal Tire Mining Tire Group has been servicing mine sites since 1972 where we quickly established a reputation for reliability, innovation and outstanding service. Our objective remains simple: to deliver services and products of measurable value to our customers. Kal Tire now operates in 18 countries and continues to grow every day. With our team developing, we are seeking an individual who is keen to progress in their career, passionate about leading people and delivering quality service.
As an Inventory Technician in the Mining Tire Group, you will be responsible for the accurate delivery of all goods to customers in the region, keeping inventory and shop in order and adhering to Kal Tire’s work and safety standards. A key part of this role is setting the standard for service excellence within the industry and demonstrating the Kal Tire AIMS.
• Perform all aspects of shop work.
• Perform appropriate maintenance of tools and equipment.
• Demonstrate and promote best practices to the customer.
• Work with Inventory Coordinator and inside salesman to coordinate the efficient delivery of the product to sites.
Operational / Technical
• Demonstrate material handling, delivery and Inventory Management experience.
• Demonstrate the ability to pick orders without mistake
• Operate heavy-duty equipment, delivery vehicles and tools.
• Conduct maintenance checks and ensure all work is done according to Kal Tire work and safety standards.
• Complete required reporting and logging of data, as required.
• Maintain a clean, organized and efficient warehouse.
• Communicate inventory concerns to coordinator
• Keep up to date with product knowledge, and location of product in warehouse
• Clearly understand proper paperwork and workflow processes for all customers in the region
• Basic computer skills
• Investigate inventory loss
• Be proactive in loss prevention by keeping the shipping / receiving areas well organized and maintaining proper procedures. Work with coordinator to address loss prevention concerns.
Health, Safety & Environment
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Kal Tire’s Journey to Zero program and ensure that the safety program is being followed.
• Understand the PPE requirements of the site and be a role model of correct behaviour at all times.
• Understand and ensure the site emergency preparedness plan is in place; actively plan and participate in annual drills.
• Ensure drivers and inventory team understand and are following the PPE requirements of the sites at all times.
• Contribute to an environmentally responsible site by recycling and promptly cleaning up spills.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of environmental goals and objectives.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• 1 -2 years of warehousing experience, preferably within the Tire industry.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to function in a team environment.
• Demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
• Experience working in an environment where safety procedures are a key part of daily operations.
• Secondary school diploma or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Able to physically perform the duties of an Inventory Technician safely.
• Able to obtain and maintain all applicable licenses, certificates as required to perform the duties as required to work at mine sites.
• Able to perform mechanically related tasks.
• Able to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
• Able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
• Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, solve problems, be able and willing to work without direct supervision and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
• Good communication skills and ability to express themselves well both verbally and in writing.
• Good literacy and numeracy skills.
• Class 3 driver’s license
HOW TO APPLY
Apply today and take advantage of the opportunity to work for an organization which prides itself on developing our 1600+ team members, providing exceptional service to clients, and making a positive global impact.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Posting Date: Sep 13, 2021