Director, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Director, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the Director, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is responsible for managing the execution of Kal Tire’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and action plan. They will partner with key stakeholders to integrate the initiatives into the daily operations to support the evolution of our culture. They will actively participate in the design and delivery of initiatives to enable a culture of inclusion and ensure the long-term sustainability of Kal Tire DE&I efforts. They will be a champion for DE&I, successfully build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, and develop creative ways to evolve and adapt Kal Tire’s approach to DE&I as the organization continues to embed these critical initiatives within the business.
The position is based in Vernon, BC. Relocation support is available.
• Develops and refines the Kal Tire DE&I strategy in alignment with our DE&I principles and in collaboration with leadership
• Translates strategies into tactical plans with clear actions, accountability, and goals to promote DE&I practices
• Partners with peers and senior leaders to create a framework to proactively address current and future Diversity, Equity & Inclusion needs, by analyzing current workforce data, team member engagement surveys, and external research, to support the organization’s current and future objectives
• Develops and maintains organizational metrics, provides appropriate updates on progress, recommends actions to support achievement of goals, and assesses overall effectiveness of DE&I initiatives
• Develops strong relationships and understanding of the opportunities and realities across the business related to DE&I to effectively lead and support moving forward in an effective, meaningful way
• Is a key contributor in building an inclusive and respectful culture, leveraging the diversity in the team to ensure creativity, innovation, productivity, excellent customer service and highly satisfactory work environments
• Collaborates with HR and leaders on sourcing, hiring, and retaining diverse candidates by connecting with professional organizations and leveraging social media and community connections. Develops programs to attract, retain, and promote a diverse workforce
• Works collaboratively with the communications team on all DE&I communications across the organization
• Develops a DE&I Council and acts as the chair of the council as part of our DE&I governance model
• Enables company-sponsored Team Member Resource Groups to ensure alignment with business objectives and DE&I mindset
• Partners with the Learning & Organizational Development team on inclusive learning strategies to ensure that DE&I approaches are integrated into all the company’s leadership and learning programs
• Serves as a change agent to provide solutions, resources and training on DE&I related topics.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, human resources, business or related disciplines, or equivalent experience required
• Five to eight years professional work experience in workplace diversity, equity, inclusion & culture. Minimum of five years of experience with managing organizational diversity initiatives and ability to successfully engage in and manage relationships
• Must be well-versed in DE&I relevant Canadian legislation such as Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the Accessibility for Manitobans Act, the Federal Pay Equity Act, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communications along with presentation skills
• Excellent project management and organizational skills
• Must be self-initiating, exercise good judgment, and be able to work with minimal supervision
• Strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into insights
• Proven influencing and relationship building skills with internal and external partners and people from various backgrounds and cultures
• Demonstrated effectiveness managing diverse stakeholders including but not limited to executives, team member groups, external vendors, and consultants
About Kal Tire
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers’ expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.