Do you want the opportunity to work on products that are changing millions of lives for the better? Our technology teams are growing, and we’re hiring a Frontend Engineer. If you’re looking for a career with a purpose, you've come to the right place.
About Ramsey Solutions:
Founded in 1992 by Dave Ramsey, Ramsey Solutions exists to provide biblically based, commonsense education and empowerment that give HOPE to everyone in every walk of life. Our mission to change the world isn’t easy. We experience resistance every day because what we believe is absolutely counter-cultural. We’re weird. We actually hate debt. We actually cut up our credit cards . . . like, for real. We don’t use them in our entire business. We don’t use debt. Period. Some of us are still fighting our way out of it, but we aren’t going back in. If you don’t know much about Ramsey Solutions or our founder Dave Ramsey, go watch a bunch of these videos and then come back and finish reading.
About the Development team:
Our applications serve millions of users in life-changing ways. We have over 140 developers in-house working across 15 different digital product areas, who all want to help people take control of their money and their lives. Our business leaders understand trade-offs and let their team weigh in on matters of value and effort. Many of our teams deliver to production several times a week (around 700 deployments per week!) and create business value from concept to product in a matter of days.
What winning looks like:
- Building world-class, highly responsive consumer web applications and websites, with a focus on front-end components
- Collaborating with team members to create technical solutions
- Practicing test-driven development, unit testing, integration testing
- Developing prototypes as well as industrial-strength products with ease and flexibility
- Fixing bugs and solving problems
- Learning new things (every day!)
The skills you need to win:
- Ability to collaborate with UX, Creative and other Development teams on the execution of ideas
- Experience building custom interface components and clean, portable code; design systems knowledge is a plus
- Understanding of front-end best practices like mobile-first responsive design, accessibility, performance, and separation of concerns
"The product I work on, Foundations, helps students understand WHY money management is so important and HOW to do it well. If high school students learn how to handle money early on, they will be set up for success in college and beyond. Who knows the impact they may have in the world if they are not burdened by debt for their first ~15 years after college." –Developer II, Ramsey Education
"I get to write code for EveryDollar that results in training people in new and better money habits, which helps them ditch the "everyone is doing it" mentality and other toxic ways of thinking. Our products meet people from all walks of life who are often in despair and give them hope. They CAN do it and we're here to help." –Developer I, Financial Peace/EveryDollar
Our Team Member Benefits:
And by the way, we’re not stuffy and corporate around here. We protect our culture and care about your work environment. Our leadership really communicates and listens! Because of that, we offer perks and benefits such as . . .
- 401(k) match on first 4%
- HSA match: $500 a year
- World-renowned speakers on a weekly basis
- Ministry time: We pay you for one full workweek, so you can volunteer for your favorite charity or nonprofit.
- Ongoing personal and professional development training by the best in the industry
- Core values that promote work-life balance, excellence in the ordinary and a self-employed mentality
- Wellness reimbursement to put toward hitting the gym
- Free Costco or Sam’s Club membership
- Working with amazing people in a culture where we recognize each other’s wins and celebrate together often with monthly lunches and on-the-clock, fun activities such as our company-wide Spelling Bee, annual Battle of the Bands and one legendary Christmas Party
Ready to change your life and the lives of others? We can’t wait to start the conversation! Apply now.
Are you an experienced developer who isn't ready to apply but is interested in hearing more? Click here to request an informal virtual coffee meeting with one of our developers!