Chief Construction is seeking an Architect to join the Chief team. This position will provide oversight of the design services group within Chief Construction. Design and creation of customer contract documents.
- Responsible for the architectural design and coordination of the need for engineering input for all construction projects for both estimating and construction purposes.
- Ensure that all plans are reviewed, checked, and updated as required.
- Ensure that all architectural design is done in such a manner as to promote efficiency of construction as economically as possible, to keep Chief Construction in a good competitive stature and maximize profits.
- Responsible to see that building codes are adhered to in the design of projects. Assist draftsmen in determining code requirements and interpretation of the same.
- See to it that plans and specifications, as required, are submitted to building officials as quickly as possible after award of contract. Obtain building permits in most expedient manner possible.
- Directly handle any inquiries or problems regarding construction practices and design integrity by building officials arising from their on-site inspections.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Architecture
- 3+ years of experience in architectural design and completion of contract documents for commercial buildings
- Must be professionally licensed
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Construction has been your premier construction company in the Midwest since 1954. As design/build, general contracting, and construction management specialists, we focus on the entire process from concept through completion. Our success in the commercial, industrial, manufacturing, and institutional buildings segments can be attributed to our years of experience and to the use of the latest technological advances in planning, design, engineering, specifications, and construction.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.