Assistant Project Superintendent
Chief Construction is seeking an Assistant Project Superintendent to join the Chief team. This position will assist the Field Operation Manager and/or Senior Superintendent with field related construction activities for one or a small number of commercial construction projects.
- Supervise project trades to coordinate day to day project operations. Resolve conflicts regarding procedures, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment and scheduling.
- Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed sort term schedules. Create, manage, and implement the project schedule as per Field Operations Manager and Project Manager.
- Responsible for documentation on the project, and maintain organized filing system. Update drawings, logs, and inspection notebooks.
- Prepare daily reports to document weather and field conditions, trade and subcontractor manpower, progress and conditions impacting the project.
- Track and manage budget and costs from the project manager, monitor labor, material, and equipment.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Requires Associate or Bachelor degree
- And/or 3-4 years’ experience in construction field
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Construction has been your premier construction company in the Midwest since 1954. As design/build, general contracting, and construction management specialists, we focus on the entire process from concept through completion. Our success in the commercial, industrial, manufacturing, and institutional buildings segments can be attributed to our years of experience and to the use of the latest technological advances in planning, design, engineering, specifications, and construction.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**