District Sales Manager
Chief Agri is seeking a District Sales Manager to join the Chief team. This position will be based in Iowa and be responsible for managing, directing, and coordinating the total sales efforts in the assigned territory. These responsibilities include recruitment, selection, training, and motivation of qualified Chief Dealers so they have adequate expertise and experience to penetrate the market in their trade area with Chief products. This position is also required to enforce the policies of Chief Industries with the Chief Dealers in their assigned district.
- Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders. Will recommend products to customers based on the customers’ needs and interests. Must have knowledge of the principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products.
- Will estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
- To answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms. Will effectively articulate the value and quality of Chief Agri’s products and consult with dealers after sales or contract signings to provide ongoing support.
- Will perform administrative duties such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense reports.
- Requires a significant amount of travel throughout the assigned territory and a valid driver’s license.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- High School Diploma or the equivalent required.
- Post-secondary education focused on sales preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in Agricultural business strongly desired.
- Previous sales experience (three to five years minimum) strongly preferred.
- Established relationships with potential dealers and/or experience working with a dealer network desirable.
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Agri originated in 1961 and offers a full line of aeration and material handling products to help grain producers minimize storage costs and maximize the selling price of their commodities. Manufactured to exacting standards using heavy-duty materials and innovative designs, Chief grain conditioning, handling, and storage systems are sold throughout the world and have a reputation for providing many long years of dependable service.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.