Chief Fabrication is seeking an Engineering Technician to join the Chief team. This position will perform many engineering functions such as product programming and nesting using a variety of user software. This position will also clarify part specifications, answer customer questions regarding engineering changes and will support production personnel as requested with drawings, routings and work instructions.
- Contact customers as necessary to clarify specifications and answer customer questions regarding completed quotes and engineering changes.
- Verify machine tooling exists for necessary production operations and design or source new tooling when required.
- Must be able to use Solid Works and Auto Cad to create or modify customer drawings as necessary.
- Determine cost of parts encased on current routing and product structure and quote.
- Create CNC programs for machining, punching and cutting systems.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Requires knowledge of manufacturing methods generally gained through an Associates level degree in Industrial or Manufacturing.
- Technology and 1-3 years' related experience of the equivalent.
- Requires drafting 2D and 3D knowledge and computer skills as well as the ability to read and interpret manufacturing drawings and specifications.
- 1st Shift – 8:00am – 5:00pm
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Fabrication is one of the leading midwest providers of custom steel fabrication and powder coating, equipped to make any component. Chief Fabrication is one of the largest operations of its kind between Chicago and Denver, offering such steel fabrication services as stamping, welding, CNC punching, and CNC forming to manufacturers throughout the Midwest. It also offers one of the most state-of-the-art powder coating facilities in the United States.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.