Quality Control Technician
Chief Fabrication is seeking a Quality Control Technician to join the Chief team. This position inspects production units in various stages of production to insure conformance with standards and codes. Compares product with purchase orders and parts lists to ensure correct completion.
- Developing and maintaining company inspection reports.
- Inspecting goods or products according to quality and safety standards.
- Set First Article inspection priorities, communicating priorities with Production Control, Quality Engineer and Quality Manager.
- Verify all furnishings, accessories, standard features, options and decors against purchase order and standard specifications. Seek correction of any discrepancies or shortages found.
- Responsible for the calibration, routine inspection, testing, maintenance and repair of instruments, meters, gauges and other testing and measuring equipment.
- Train inspectors on measurement equipment (Faro arm and Scanner) and inspection methods as it related to production departments.
- Reporting quality anomalies to the supervisor.
- Collating test data and drafting quality reports.
- Identifying possible areas for improvement in quality control processes.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Requires knowledge of production processes and material requirements generally gained in 3-5 years of quality control experience.
- Experience with Gage Trac a plus.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Understanding of advanced mathematical concepts.
- High-level of visual awareness.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Experience drafting reports and collating data.
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze and interpret technical information.
- 2nd Shift: 3:30pm – 12:00am
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Fabrication is one of the leading midwest providers of custom steel fabrication and powder coating, equipped to make any component. Chief Fabrication is one of the largest operations of its kind between Chicago and Denver, offering such steel fabrication services as stamping, welding, CNC punching, and CNC forming to manufacturers throughout the Midwest. It also offers one of the most state-of-the-art powder coating facilities in the United States.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.